• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Could use some Shaft advice from builders/players..

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
Hey guys I could sure use some shop advice.I picked up a Cobra 10.5 2007 driver on Ebay from Threeballs.It has Aldila NVS-M Regular 50gr low kick shaft in it.Now that was the exact shaft I was using in my old Taylormade driver.

Here is my problem.
I finally took the Cobra to the range and then played a few holes today with it, had both drivers in the bag.

Here is my problem that I could use some advice, thoughts or ideas with.If I swang the Cobra very easy I could hit it good and ball jumps real well.BTW this is the first time using a 460 Driver...However anytime I really went at the ball with a fast down swing , it seems like the face would still be open and my ball would have slight fade or stay right.I have almost never faded the ball unless I wasnt making a decent turn and just swayed on the back swing.

I tried at the range to really move the ball way forward and that didnt help.Does this sound like the shaft might be a abit to whippy and the head is not catching up when I swing it faster?I can really feel head with this club and know where it is all threw the take away and down swing.I have always played regular shafts and thats is all thats in my bag now.

I really dont want to make a swing or stance change for 1 damn club.What would cutting the tip 1/2 -1 inch do?I know it should play stiffer but any ideas on how much?Appreciate any input from you club builders or fellow players.

Thanks

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
A few things. Number one, if it's your first time using a 460cc, might just need to get used to it. Especially if you have more of slingy arms release, meaning squaring the clubface with the arms/hands more than the body.

Number 2, shaft flex. Switching from Taylormade to Cobra I've definitely noticed the stock shafts in my Cobra clubs play stiffer than the ones in my TM clubs. I played TP clubs in the Taylormades and "pro" model clubs in the Cobras (it's a face angle/trajectory thing for me). IMO, even in the TP clubs, Taylormade may be setting the clubs up to play softer. It seems to reason, you figure and average player goes and hits a bunch of stiff flex drivers, blocks and slices them, then hits the TP well. Which one will he buy?

BTW, your ballflight is consistant with a shaft that is too stiff, not too weak.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I would like to add one thing as well.
STOP leaving a space between every sentence. It is very irritating to read. I gave up after 4 lines because of the spacing.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
STOP leaving a space between every sentence. It is very irritating to read. I gave up after 4 lines because of the spacing.

I agree with you. It makes them look SO LONG and boring you stop reading most of them....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
On the contrary - I find it extremely annoyin to read paragraphs that run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on.

Spacing out the sentences makes it Much easier to read.

Must be a Canadian thing....:beach3:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
On the contrary - I find it extremely annoyin to read paragraphs that run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on run on and on and on.

Spacing out the sentences makes it Much easier to read.

Must be a Canadian thing....:beach3:

Not that kind of space. :mgw:

He was leaving a full line between each sentence.

Now do you understand what I mean?

He has since edited his post.

It is now far easier to read.

Hopethisposthelpedclearupanyconfusionyoumayhavehad.

🔥 Latest posts