• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Could you do this?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The guy who is the 'czar' of my Saturday group is an effing ironman. I am going to estimate that he is about 40 yo...He's about 5'10" and weighs about 210 lbs/95kg.

He is a lawyer who does real estate transactions and works out at 5:00 five times a week.

Here is his golf schedule for the upcoming holiday weekend. Remember he is walking and carrying his bag on a hilly course. The forecasted air temps are about 90F/32C and with humidity the Heat Index will be about 95F/35C...

1) Saturday...tee off at 7:00 am and play 18. (By 11:00 it's hot as hell already). Have lunch and tee off again at 1:00 for another 18.

2) Sunday...tee off at 12:30 for 18.

3) Monday...repeat of Saturday - 36 holes.

This guy is a freaking Golf Ironman. I could not do it...

Anybody else out there that could do this? I mowed the grass this morning and just about melted...

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I walk 36 fairly regularly. If I am forced into a cart I can get in 54.

Once you start walking it get much easier. I am 43 so I am no spring chicken and the walking actually keeps me more into the round.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
obagain said:
I walk 36 fairly regularly. If I am forced into a cart I can get in 54.

Once you start walking it get much easier. I am 43 so I am no spring chicken and the walking actually keeps me more into the round.

I walk 50% and agree that I usually play better when I walk..but I could not play in heat like this and walk in the afternoon three days in a row. I have a rule of thumb that in July and August - I ride if I play in the afternoon. It just saps me...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I doubt I could do it but it doesn't matter. If I could and I did I'd be locked out of the house by the end of the weekend. :p

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
he must have a lot of muscle to weigh that much

what he did takes certain amount if fitness tahts for sure,but its not superhuman,just fit

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Being in Texas I am used to the heat. I would much rather play in 100 degree heat than 45 drgree cold. I will, but it is not as much fun.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i could do it, no problem, have done it before too, KS is just as humid as alabama i would think if not worse, most people wouldn't think so but you just get out there and your shirt is sticking to you in no time

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.