• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Couldn't resist

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Having recently ho'd a set of Cobra SS forged for a bit more forgiveness I saw a set of irons I've always dreamed of hitting up for grabs and being an STer you can guess the rest.....

Sod forgiveness, give me feel, even if it is off the toe or the hosel, I just don't care, which is probably just as well. Actually they are pretty forgiving and not at all scary at address.

They are fitted with Nippon 950s and Lamkin grips - 4-7i CB-201 and blades 8-pw. Had 2 range sessions with them and am going to play 18 tomorrow - I shall report back.

Yummy

<center>
ai.ebayimg.com_22__21Ben_29jew_21mk_7E__28KGrHqQOKjQErzIYnukLBK_BKS_21JEQ_7E_7E_12.JPG

<center>
ai.ebayimg.com_08__21Ben_292BQBWk_7E__28KGrHqUOKiEEryjidLy5BK_BL3EGOw_7E_7E_12.JPG
</center>

<center>
ai.ebayimg.com_17__21Ben_29sR_21_212k_7E__28KGrHqMOKjMEryBlKduCBK_BLCs4_Q_7E_7E_12.JPG
</center>

</center>

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Well first thing, the feel is no myth. These are soft and solid and much more forgiving than I had thought they were. Although a couple of skinny ones reminded me quite what I had in my hand....oowww.

Was pretty wet so the ball was pretty much just landing and stopping and this time of year is no great guage for distance anyway. Seemed to be about where I expeced them to be though distance wise and I wasn't coming down 2 clubs or vice versa or anything.

The ball flight is pretty stupendous though. They seem to fly, reach the zenith and drop like a feather to the deck.

I liked them massively, just great to play with and the short irons were easy to control - I was able to play a few nice low drillers under the wind onto the green quite easily.

I don't know about forking out for a new set but a second hand deal is going to get you a great set of irons.

🔥 Latest posts