• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Counter Balanced Putter Idea...

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
A side note. Being a leftie I'm being placed behind the pack. I really liked the Tank but it's only in right handed for now. Once again I'm left getting creative. If you want something done right, gotta do it yourself!

Last edited:
OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Probably similar to those back strike putters Odyssey game out with a year or two ago

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well I have almost completed my counter balanced Scotty project. Seemingly against some advice, but going with some others, things are coming together very nicely. Or so I think anyway. I will post some pictures later, but this is what I've got so far: the overall length I went with is 36" and I've found, after trying a few, that a 4" carriage bolt feels the best weight wise. I also have the super stroke grip, just have to put it on. For now it's working really great on the living room carpet!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
So sorry fellas! I had taken a bunch of pics and never posted any. My bad!! But better late than never I'd say!
So:
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1386629329.113130.jpg
the damage our shop saw did.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1386629369.915576.jpg
the 4" carriage bolt
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1386629408.769437.jpg
as it sits now in part completed form
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1386629450.963809.jpg
and the grip of course

As I have said it works great in the living room. But for a Canadian in December, everything works great in the living room. I do really like it, rolls well and feels really stable in my hands. Still using a cross handed grip, that probably won't ever change, but so far so good.
I'd still like to test it on a course before sealing the deal with the grip. I might even go half an inch shorter yet?!?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
dont go and forget you are gonna be 1/2" higher in cleats and all that.

go ahead and explain to the other family members you really need some plant lighting for Christmas to grow the grass in the livingroom and recreate course conditions. They will understand.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
dont go and forget you are gonna be 1/2" higher in cleats and all that.

go ahead and explain to the other family members you really need some plant lighting for Christmas to grow the grass in the livingroom and recreate course conditions. They will understand.

Don't even worry about the cleats. It's actually how I break in my new golf shoes, practicing indoors.

I've considered the indoor practice area, but given my career and background I'm dreaming one better. I will have a small green and maybe a tee or two in my backyard one day! It's kind of a must!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I've got this installed in an older, heavier head Zen putter. Also have another kit for my Wilson Staff Kirk Currie KC1.

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg
How many grams can you add with the kit and do you wanna sell the other kit??? I'm going to build a counter balanced putter and considering the DIY method but this would be easier. Let me know.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
thanks for reminding me. I bought one of those things last summer and didnt fiddle with it. I will have to dig it out.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.