• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Couple Issues

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I picked up my J33R with a Creation 80 from the shop today and took it to practice. I hit a warm up bucket with it, and it flat out performed. The open face of the J33R gave me an excellent tiny draw and the creation got the ball up quickly and flattened it right out. High ballflight but very penetrating. On the first hole my teeshot was level with someone who is generally 10 or more yards past me. He asked me if I flushed it, but it was only so-so contact. The rest of the day went like that. Just a fantastic shaft.

I think the shop ruined my ul540 though. The ferrule is melted onto the shaft and several fibers are frayed. Is the shaft still playable? Should I try to make them pay for it?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I wouldn't push the shaft on the shop. It's always a crap shoot when you're doing a pull. 99% of the time, you're good. Then there's the odd one that doesn't.

Sucks, but it happens.

Unless there's a real big gouge in the shaft, you should be ok with it in another club.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I wouldn't push the shaft on the shop. It's always a crap shoot when you're doing a pull. 99% of the time, you're good. Then there's the odd one that doesn't.

Sucks, but it happens.

Unless there's a real big gouge in the shaft, you should be ok with it in another club.

R35

I would agree with this, you should be able to cut the ferrule off with a utility knife and no further damage to the shaft. I alway seem to manage to melt the ferrule...just the way it goes i guess. Like Rock said you should be good.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
If they screw up another one of my shafts, they are probably still not liable. It's probably my fault for going there over the big box like Dick's or Golf Galaxy. However, if this is the kind of crap I'm going to get at the mom and pop kind of place, then I might just have to go to Dick's. :(

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
ask them why they didn't remove the ferrule first? sounds like they don't know what they are doing.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
If a bunch of fibers are frayed then the shaft is ruined. This is the direct result of too much heat during a pull. This coupled with a burnt ferrule (which should have been cut off prior to pulling) tells me these guys had no idea of what they were doing, and should most definitely be responsible for ruining that shaft.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
If my stulz is ruined, they will be paying for both shafts or giving me credit or something. I've gathered it isn't difficult to pull a shaft, but these guys aparently don't get it.

I'm picking up the stulz later today, so we will see...

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I just got back from the shop, the stulz is intact. He didn't take the tip weight out of the club though. :unhappy:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.