• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Course Reviews

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Played this weekend in a little tournament at Myrtle Beach. If anyone is going anytime during the summer I would highly recommend checking out Heather Glen (we played the red and blue courses 71.3/133). The course is in unbelievable shape right now. Nice plush fairways and the greens are smooth as glass. The greens putted a little slower than I expected but they rolled so good it was unreal. This was by far the best course we played.

We played a practice round at Southcreek @ Myrtle Beach National (69.4/124). It was also in really good shape. It is a pretty short course, but plays really tight and makes you place the ball to get good shots at the green. A good challenging course.

We played the final round at Sandpiper Bay in Sunset Beach, NC (we played the piper and bay courses 69.7/121). This course was also in overall excellent shape. The greens were the fastest we played but they were a bit bumpy and made it difficult to hole long putts. The greens are frickin' huge so long putts were a plenty.

Overall good weekend of golf. It was hot as hades, but no rain or afternoon storms.

Jason

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
glad you had a great time @ Heather GLenn...i make sure to tell the pro this...how did you do in the tourney??

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
won it clemson....shot 83 at HG and 80 at Sandpiper.....netted -11 getting 15 shots

Jason

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
SC,
I will be in MB third week August, staying in Surfside Beach w/ family. I will have two mid-week golf days for myself. I was perusing some websites which post prices and descriptions.
Tell me, if you know, which courses I can expect to be in decent shape mid August:
Arrowhead -$65
Blackmoor $55
Whispereing Pines - $42/ $10jr.
Litchfield -$54
Heron Point $48
Int'l Club - $46
Other recommendations?
Thanks,
Coach

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
try and get on one of the barefoot courses.....they are very nice...also if your in surfside check out Island Green...a got a friend that works there so i might can help you out on fees...you also might wont to try to head up to heather glenn....or World Tour

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
try and get on one of the barefoot courses.....they are very nice...also if your in surfside check out Island Green...a got a friend that works there so i might can help you out on fees...you also might wont to try to head up to heather glenn....or World Tour

Thanks Clem,
I was thinking about HG, and really have not thought about World Tour, though I expect rates to be a bit higher. That's ok, I will check it out.
Coach

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
SC,
I will be in MB third week August, staying in Surfside Beach w/ family. I will have two mid-week golf days for myself. I was perusing some websites which post prices and descriptions.
Tell me, if you know, which courses I can expect to be in decent shape mid August:
Arrowhead -$65
Blackmoor $55
Whispereing Pines - $42/ $10jr.
Litchfield -$54
Heron Point $48
Int'l Club - $46
Other recommendations?
Thanks,
Coach

Coach,

Just got back from MB this weekend. Many of the courses have just aerated their greens, so should be in good shape by mid-August unless the heat and drought get to them. I played Wachesaw East (just south of Surfside) a couple of times. It was in great shape. Passed by Indian Wells and it was looking good. Wicked Stick had just aerated their greens and was running a $28 special.

Good luck in August. MB can be brutally hot in July and August.:beach3:

Here's a link to a site that rates courses Myrtle Beach Golf Association - The Basement

Might give you some ideas.

Edited because Deer Track is closed. It was Indian Wells that was looking good.

MyrtleBchGlf

Jun 3, 2007
Hey coach, I work as an assistant pro at the International Club. Stop in and see me if you guys play, I may be able to get you discount rates ;)

MyrtleBchGlf

Jun 3, 2007
And yes, Id say 75% of courses around here right now have aeirated. We just aeirated our greens and fairways.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
Hey coach, I work as an assistant pro at the International Club. Stop in and see me if you guys play, I may be able to get you discount rates ;)

why dont you help out a local boy with some good rate....we played Rivers Edge up in Shallote 3 weeks ago for 23 bucks....

🔥 Latest posts