• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Courses around Augusta, GA?

BMRisko

Oct 9, 2006
I am planning on taking a week off around the Thanksgiving holiday and will be traveling from Chattanooga, TN to the NC coast. It looks like my route takes me through Augusta and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good public course to hit up around there (or anywhere along the way for that matter). I plan on making the 8.5 hour drive in a day, so I would most likely only walk 9 holes if allowed. Any suggestions would be great...I don't need any suggestions for coastal courses. I already am quite familiar w/ the area, but I've never been through Augusta and figure there may be some nice tracts down there.

Thanks!

Actually, I might just split the travel into 2 days and spend the night in the Augusta area, which would allow me to at least play 18. This would most likely be on a Monday.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Our esteemed colleague, SiberianDVM not only lives in Augusta but he told me he'd pay for all of your golf AND let you sleep with his girlfriend.

Cha Ching! :D

OP
B

BMRisko

Oct 9, 2006
Well shoot, I can't possibly argue w/ that deal!

:idhitit:

I actually found SDVM's thread listing his favorite area courses. Hopefully he will chime in. Aiken GC and Forest Hills both look promising.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Sling, the senile old goat, once again has me confused with Rockford. And what Rock said was that he would pay for anyone's golf who would show him how to sleep with his girlfriend. :D

Forest Hills or Aiken GC would be my recommendation for a public course. Both are in good shape right now and are not expensive. And encourage walking. Aiken has good rentable push carts (3 wheel Bag Boys). Forest Hills has old crappy 2 wheel pull carts.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I am planning on taking a week off around the Thanksgiving holiday and will be traveling from Chattanooga, TN to the NC coast. It looks like my route takes me through Augusta and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good public course to hit up around there (or anywhere along the way for that matter). I plan on making the 8.5 hour drive in a day, so I would most likely only walk 9 holes if allowed. Any suggestions would be great...I don't need any suggestions for coastal courses. I already am quite familiar w/ the area, but I've never been through Augusta and figure there may be some nice tracts down there.

Thanks!

Actually, I might just split the travel into 2 days and spend the night in the Augusta area, which would allow me to at least play 18. This would most likely be on a Monday.

Try Augusta National, mate. Extremely easy to get on any time of the day or year, superb condition, awesome greens which shouldn't be at all difficult to putt on, although are always very, very true.

They will welcome you with open arms here at Augusta National, regardless of who you are. Whether you're a dustman or the President of the United States, it doesn't matter at all to these guys. Have yourself a bacon sandwich and a beer before you head out and don't forget to buy some beers off the scantily-clad cartgirls.

There is a huge hotdog stand and beer cart at the 13th tee & 15th green.
Now this little run of holes from 13 through 15 inclusive is called "Amen Corner." It has been named this over the years by the many, many visiting golfers who play at Augusta National as they choose to thank the Lord above for providing the first class hotdog and beer stalls that this wonderfully welcoming club have at these holes.

Make sure you enjoy yourself at one of the U.S.'s most celebrated public courses..:)

OP
B

BMRisko

Oct 9, 2006
Try Augusta National, mate. Extremely easy to get on any time of the day or year, superb condition, awesome greens which shouldn't be at all difficult to putt on, although are always very, very true.

They will welcome you with open arms here at Augusta National, regardless of who you are. Whether you're a dustman or the President of the United States, it doesn't matter at all to these guys. Have yourself a bacon sandwich and a beer before you head out and don't forget to buy some beers off the scantily-clad cartgirls.

There is a huge hotdog stand and beer cart at the 13th tee & 15th green.
Now this little run of holes from 13 through 15 inclusive is called "Amen Corner." It has been named this over the years by the many, many visiting golfers who play at Augusta National as they choose to thank the Lord above for providing the first class hotdog and beer stalls that this wonderfully welcoming club have at these holes.

Make sure you enjoy yourself at one of the U.S.'s most celebrated public courses..:)

LOL, In my dreams maybe...

🔥 Latest posts