• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Covering your club when in play?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Are you the type who leaves grass and dirt in your grooves? I have a buddy who does. He has a beautiful set of satin Titleist blades too. The only time he wipes them off is if there is a big clump of mud on them...grooves packed with dirt are ok with him. Drives me crazy.
Nope, I clean my clubs.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I can't stand dirty grooves either. I have a brush on my bag next to my towel to clean out grooves.
I'm a fanatic about clean grooves. All my clubs get a bubble bath after each round and they get the brush after each shot. I want my club clean before I grab it to hit a shot.

During a round, I usually keep headcovers on my fw woods because I don't use them much. The driver cover stays off after the first shot. I could care less if my irons chatter. I beat the crap out of my clubs, they're well used, lol. If I'm playing in a tournament, I won't think twice about hitting a shot off the cart path if that is the best option. I'm really not that concerned with cosmetics. The only club that absolutely must have a cover is my putter. I treat my putters like a new born babies.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I'm a fanatic about clean grooves. All my clubs get a bubble bath after each round and they get the brush after each shot. I want my club clean before I grab it to hit a shot.

During a round, I usually keep headcovers on my fw woods because I don't use them much. The driver cover stays off after the first shot. I could care less if my irons chatter. I beat the crap out of my clubs, they're well used, lol. If I'm playing in a tournament, I won't think twice about hitting a shot off the cart path if that is the best option. I'm really not that concerned with cosmetics. The only club that absolutely must have a cover is my putter. I treat my putters like a new born babies.
This is my program except the driver, she gets dressed after every shot.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
This is my program except the driver, she gets dressed after every shot.
I do like to keep my driver in good shape because there is no reason for it to look bad, I don't hit it off the ground. That's why I keep my fw's covered though, so they don't bang on my driver. I do that so I don't have to squeeze that big ass driver head in and out of a head cover all day. I leave my driver loaded with the safety off ready to grab. ;)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I do like to keep my driver in good shape because there is no reason for it to look bad, I don't hit it off the ground. That's why I keep my fw's covered though, so they don't bang on my driver. I do that so I don't have to squeeze that big ass driver head in and out of a head cover all day. I leave my driver loaded with the safety off ready to grab. ;)
So you're a Glock guy too!!!

Members online