• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cracked RBZ Driver Head

Kurt

Aug 11, 2014
Country
United States United States
My RBZ driver head cracked this morning. Never had this happen with any other drivers I have used. Is this unusual for TaylorMade? Curious. Driver is under warranty and will be replaced at no cost.
Yesterday I was at the range before golfing and had my RBZ head crack on the third ball hit. I noticed it when the sound at impact changed dramatically. I have used 6 Taylor Made drivers over the last dozen years and never saw this happen. It was the original RBZ, and I hit it so very well. I didn't get the same results with the RBZ2.

I sent Taylor Made an email right when I got home, but no response yet. Maybe they monitor this forum. I am not sure the best way to contact them. The club was a present to me slightly over 2 years ago, and I am sure I could get the receipt if needed. Please advise the best way to contact Taylor Made. Taylor Made's headquarters is only a few miles from where I live, but I am pretty sure they would be best prepared over email or a phone call.

Thanks.

Kurt

Kurt

Aug 11, 2014
Country
My RBZ driver head cracked this morning. Never had this happen with any other drivers I have used. Is this unusual for TaylorMade? Curious. Driver is under warranty and will be replaced at no cost.
I replied earlier to a comment that was deep in the thread. Here it is again nearer the top.

Yesterday I was at the range before golfing and had my RBZ head crack on the third ball hit. I noticed it when the sound at impact changed dramatically. I have used 6 Taylor Made drivers over the last dozen years and never saw this happen. It was the original RBZ, and I hit it so very well. I didn't get the same results with the RBZ2.
I sent Taylor Made an email right when I got home, but no response yet. Maybe they monitor this forum. I am not sure the best way to contact them. The club was a present to me slightly over 2 years ago, and I am sure I could get the receipt if needed. Please advise the best way to contact Taylor Made. Taylor Made's headquarters is only a few miles from where I live, but I am pretty sure they would be best prepared over email or a phone call.
Thanks.
Kurt

OP
backNine29

backNine29

Mar 19, 2010
0.7 in Pacific Northwest
Country
Kurt: Take your driver to any authorized TM dealer and ask them to do a warranty return on the club to TM. Shouldn't cost you a thing and you should receive a replacement not too long after. I would also register the club at the TM site just to cover that step. May not matter, but cover that base won't hurt anything. Good luck!

Kurt

Aug 11, 2014
Country
Kurt: Take your driver to any authorized TM dealer and ask them to do a warranty return on the club to TM. Shouldn't cost you a thing and you should receive a replacement not too long after. I would also register the club at the TM site just to cover that step. May not matter, but cover that base won't hurt anything. Good luck!
Thanks BN29. I tried hitting the RBZ2 3wood and couldn't hit it either. A friend of mine hit my RBZ incredibly well and he went out to buy the same club, but was sold a Stage 2 and he couldn't hit it nearly as well as he could with my RBZ.

Would any TM retailer handle the club replacement? I am curious how it will work and what they will offer.

Thanks for your help.

Kurt

OP
backNine29

backNine29

Mar 19, 2010
0.7 in Pacific Northwest
Country
Any authorized TM dealer. i.e. Dicks, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, etc. In my case, after it was sent in by Golf Galaxy, TM called to say they received it but could not replace it with the RBZ for the reason stated earlier. They would send me a Stage 2. It will be their call on what they send you. You will not have a choice. RBZ is an old model, so you will likely get a newer (not newest) model. TM sent the replacement club club to golf Galaxy where I picked it up.

Kurt

Aug 11, 2014
Country
Any authorized TM dealer. i.e. Dicks, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, etc. In my case, after it was sent in by Golf Galaxy, TM called to say they received it but could not replace it with the RBZ for the reason stated earlier. They would send me a Stage 2. It will be their call on what they send you. You will not have a choice. RBZ is an old model, so you will likely get a newer (not newest) model. TM sent the replacement club club to golf Galaxy where I picked it up.
I brought the RBZ to my local Golf Mart and will let you know what the outcome is. The sales guy that will send the club to TM basically thought the outcome will be as you mentioned. I hope I hit the RBZ Stage2 well, or I will be buying a used RBZ through eBay or at the Golf Mart.

Thanks again.

Kurt

OP
backNine29

backNine29

Mar 19, 2010
0.7 in Pacific Northwest
Country
Funny you mention you hope to hit the Stage 2 well. I couldn't hit the S2 replacement they sent me and I ended up buying another new RBZ. "For sale..."

Kurt

Aug 11, 2014
Country
Funny you mention you hope to hit the Stage 2 well. I couldn't hit the S2 replacement they sent me and I ended up buying another new RBZ. "For sale..."
Yeah. I am already thinking about just getting the same RBZ new or used from eBay and then selling the replacement once it arrives. I think I saw a new RBZ on eBay for under $100, and will buy that tonight after work. Where did you find your new RBZ? I am a little concerned about getting a knock-off RBZ from China so would prefer getting it from a more legitimate source.

Thanks.

OP
backNine29

backNine29

Mar 19, 2010
0.7 in Pacific Northwest
Country
I bought a new replacement RBZ from RockBottomGolf.com for $99.00. Quick ship and no problems. I recall BudgetGolf.com had them for that price a while back too. Probably other places as well.

Members online

No members online now.