• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

crap swing advice

buykrux

May 15, 2009
There is a chap that I work with who has been for 12 years and always will be off 28 handicap as he's the most uncoordinated person on Earth. However, he insists on giving me swing advice even though I know for a fact I will shoot between 20 & 30 shots less than him over 18 holes. At first I just humoured him, even pretended I might try some of his suggestions out but now I'm getting a bit fed up of it. He subcribes to an online swing clinic so thinks he knows everything and I know nothing.

Any suggestions on how to get him off my case? (Remember we don't carry guns over here ;-)

just tell him that when you want to shoot 108 than youll ask him for advice lol
that will shut him up
i have a friend like that kind of, i have yet to see him break 85 in the last 2 years
he is always asking why he slices his driver, why he chunks his chips and why he cant putt a beach ball into the ocean but each time me and my dad (im a 5, playing since i was little im now 20, and my dads a 2 playing for 30 years) give him advice, he says we are wrong
i still say to tell him if you wanted to shoot the temperature in nevada youd ask him for advice then lol

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I was gonna ask for his email and send him the link to this thread.

295yards

May 5, 2009
just tell him that when you want to shoot 108 than youll ask him for advice lol
that will shut him up
i have a friend like that kind of, i have yet to see him break 85 in the last 2 years
he is always asking why he slices his driver, why he chunks his chips and why he cant putt a beach ball into the ocean but each time me and my dad (im a 5, playing since i was little im now 20, and my dads a 2 playing for 30 years) give him advice, he says we are wrong
i still say to tell him if you wanted to shoot the temperature in nevada youd ask him for advice then lol

Maybe you are wrong!

Just because you and your Dad can shoot a decent secore does not mean either of you are qualified to give advice to someone

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Tell him you use the KISS method (keep it simple, stupid) so that you don't have all those distracting swing thoughts going through your head when you try to play.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
Maybe you are wrong!

Just because you and your Dad can shoot a decent secore does not mean either of you are qualified to give advice to someone

well when your shooting in the 90's because of chunked wedges, bladed irons and erratic tee shots then asking for advice, i think any advice may be helpful
after all, you cant see your own swing, we can see his swing
otherwise dont ask for advice if you dont want to hear your flaws, correct?
i dont know about you but id take advice from a single digit over a guy whos a 22 handicap
just makes sense

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.