• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Creation ?'s

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I know a lot of people in here have played the creation but I was just wondering if someone could describe exactly how this shaft plays and is there a difference between the 65 and 80. I was thinking about maybe changing shafts in my 425 TP. Ideally I’m looking to raise my launch angle up a little and possibly decrease some spin. I usually like a shaft a little heavy in the 70-75g weight because I like to cut them down. I was looking on the Accuflex site and I’m a little confused, they say the 65 is a high bend point high launch shaft with mid to low spin, and the 80 is a mid to low bend point, high launch, low spin. I always thought the higher the bend point usually means lower trajectory, how would you guys that play the creation describe the trajectory is it low mid or high and is the 65 lower launch than the 80. I was thinking of maybe going with the 80 but I see most people only play that in their fairways, does the 80 have a comparable trajectory to the NVS. My average swing speed is around 115 but can get up to the 120's when I go after it should I look at a stiff flex or X.

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
the 80 does have a lil higher launch than the 65..and with a ss like that i'd def go X..cuz i use XX and my ss is between 125-130

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
not yet..currently tryin to get on the hooters tour..but its a lil harder & more expensive than it looks

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
not yet..currently tryin to get on the hooters tour..but its a lil harder & more expensive than it looks

oh i totally get that. TGC did an excellent series on the trials and tribulations of the mini tour and nationwide tour players.

I also see that you are a callway fan. Are you sponsored by them?

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
yeh..it seriously is tough..and its one of those if u dnt bring ur A game ever week u wont make it..thats why im not out there yet..lol

no..jus the clubs im using right now...but im hopin to get sponsored by titleist or TM

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
yeh..it seriously is tough..and its one of those if u dnt bring ur A game ever week u wont make it..thats why im not out there yet..lol

no..jus the clubs im using right now...but im hopin to get sponsored by titleist or TM

Well good luck. :)

prize money is just so little, you have to really love the sport.

Maybe PM Bstone on here, he might have some advice or words of wisdom on getting matched up with a sponsor.

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
thanx man

yeh..but its not bout the money..at least not for me..i could care less..i jus love the sport :)

cool..i'll def ask him some ?'s

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, I'd entertained the chance to get on a mini-tour this year. It would work, except for two things...

School.
Money.

I have money, but its for school. :D

Anyway....can be get back on topic, since I'm getting my Creation today or tomorrow, I want to see how she is.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
At 115, you should be swinging the X flex.

The 65 is lower spin than your current Pershing, so it will do the job. It is an interesting shaft. Just looking at it, you're confused. It tapers about 16" from the tip and looks to be the same thickness right throughout the rest of the shaft. It releases well on solid swings and rips through the hitting zone. It's accurate in that the launch is Mid, so if you're a high ball guy off the tee, this shaft will help your distance and spin numbers.

The 80, IMO, is more geared towards higher swing speeds, so you could get away with one of those as well if you're looking to increase launch.

My whole bag will be Creation in 2 weeks, so I'm somewhat biased. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online