• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crisis of conscience ...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Background info ... - case 1. after 9 hours drinkin and 5 hours sleep I shot 78 in Carnoustie ..case 2. rolled home at 3 in the morning went out the following day and shot 79 including a 10 to lose scratch cup by 1 shot case 3. a keg of guinness and 4 hours sleep went out and shot 75in The Ring of Kerry

So.. last Saturday was The President's Prize, and in true tradition to ensure I was properly prepared for the first "major" of our club golf season I rolled in the door @ 2.30 from a fundraiser I'd jointly organised for the local football club.. got up the following morning took 2 solpadeine (painkillers) and glugged down a coffee so strong you could trot mice accross the top of it and faffed around the course in +20 for a shameful 92....

So my question is .. do ya think it was the painkillers or the coffee that effected me ??

P.S .... I shot 74 yesterday - but I had neither coffee or painkillers ...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Had to be the coffee...I've got many stories like yours where I've played some great golf with a class 10 hangover.

Sounds like you've been having a blast though. Wish I was there to help consume all the alcohol.

If anything, that's something I can do reasonably well.....:laugh:

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
....... Wish I was there to help consume all the alcohol.

If anything, that's something I can do reasonably well.....:laugh:

LOL... good man Bravo ... any guy that can drink his drink and buy his round is a welcome addition to our game. I also play with a golf society, guys from the local area .. we were invited to play against another society for a perpetual trophy ...

the selectors had a tough decision determining which 14 guys out of 110 registered members should be given the honour of representing the society .. we looked thru our order of merit, the player of the year standings, guys that seemed to be playing well based on our latest outings .. they finally decided on the top 14 drinkers !! ... rightly or wrongly I got on the team.... ohhh the match ? ... we lost 6.5 to .5 ...:laugh:

Irish

May 9, 2007
where you getting the solpadeine dave...thought they'd banned that stuff....

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Neither. I'm no expert in this area, but I think its safe to say you didnt drink enough :laugh:

Jeez Adam now that you mention it I did leave about a third of a pint behind ... *shakes head* .. no one to blame but myself....

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
where you getting the solpadeine dave...thought they'd banned that stuff....

Yeah Irish, you can't buy them "over the counter" anymore .. need to go to the chemist for them ... for one reason or another over the last 2 years there's more painkillers in our house than you can shake a stick at ... there's an ample supply of Difene ... now that's the mutha of painkillers in our house - to be used only in the case of a limb amputation, major invasive surgery or a good earbashing from herself - which I received on Saturday evening when I got home ....

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Confused by the title of this thread Old Boy.

I have never seen or heard you play any other way. The coffee was your killer, should substitute with a Luc. or a Red Bull, or just keep drinking.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.