• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Curling

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well its official, I am an old bastard.

This Thursday, myself and 3 other beer guzzling pricks will embark on a journey to senility via the ice sheets. Yes, we have joined a curling league. Have had 2 practices already and a third tonight. Mock away you young SOB's.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
No mocking from this youngun...

Love watching curling, i think its a great sport and would think very seriously about joining a league here if it were available.

Takes a lot more thinking and planning to achieve victory than most 'sports'.

Get some video!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
In my old town there is no such thing as Curling, same with Racine, Milwaukee, etc. But up here there are leagues everywhere, Portage, Pardeeville, etc have their own Curling clubs & supposedly it's big in the schools too.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
In my old town there is no such thing as Curling, same with Racine, Milwaukee, etc. But up here there are leagues everywhere, Portage, Pardeeville, etc have their own Curling clubs & supposedly it's big in the schools too.

Au contraire. There's a club in lake country in Waukesha County. My nephew is heavily involved. They have their own building. My sister, not his mom but his aunt, and her husband went and watched a couple times. They had such a blast, now they're curling. It's a cool game. Like Jarts.

Kevink

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I realized that sport exited watching the winter olympics this year (last year?). My first impression was "Oh, my god! how can someone do something THAT boring". The funny thing is I watched the whole game, and then taped the Canada vs Norge final match hehehehehe

I have to admit I ended up enjoying it quite a bit...

🔥 Latest posts