• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cutting down a shaft?

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I have been having trouble hitting my hybrids lately. I think part of the reason could be the length of the shafts. My old hybrids were Nike CPR's and the shafts seemed much shorter than my Adams A2OS. Would shortening the shafts on my hybrids be a good idea? How would it affect the club?

Here are the specs of my hybrids along with the specs on the 3 and 4 iron that are part of my iron set.

Adams A2OS Hybrids

3 hybrid- 19* loft, 40.5" length
4 hybrid- 23* loft, 39.75" length

TM OS II Irons

3 iron- 20* loft, 39" length
4 iron- 23* loft, 38.5" length

As you can see the length of the hybrids are 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" longer than the irons. Is this pretty standard? As I mentioned the CPR's that I had were much shorter. I just want to make sure I don't screw up the club and it won't perform any different except with losing a few yards.

danscustomgolfshop

Oct 11, 2007
I have been having trouble hitting my hybrids lately. I think part of the reason could be the length of the shafts. My old hybrids were Nike CPR's and the shafts seemed much shorter than my Adams A2OS. Would shortening the shafts on my hybrids be a good idea? How would it affect the club?

Here are the specs of my hybrids along with the specs on the 3 and 4 iron that are part of my iron set.

Adams A2OS Hybrids

3 hybrid- 19* loft, 40.5" length
4 hybrid- 23* loft, 39.75" length

TM OS II Irons

3 iron- 20* loft, 39" length
4 iron- 23* loft, 38.5" length

As you can see the length of the hybrids are 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" longer than the irons. Is this pretty standard? As I mentioned the CPR's that I had were much shorter. I just want to make sure I don't screw up the club and it won't perform any different except with losing a few yards.

Length and lie are the 2 single most important fitting factors. If they feel too long, chances are that they are.
Swing weight will lighten 3 points / 1/2 inch.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.