• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

D Wedge?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Does anybody remember ever seeing a D wedge? I vaguely remember having one at one point. A guy I know has one a loves it but its getting worn out. I cant remember what the loft was on that wedge.

Does anybody remember? Thanks!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I know I've seen one also. I'm thinking it was either a Hogan or a older Ping. But I wouldn't swear to either one.

If I am remembering correctly, the one I saw didn't had a degree on it, but looked more like a 60º than a 56º.

I know this post doesn't really help, but at least its keeping the board moving, :)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I know I've seen one also. I'm thinking it was either a Hogan or a older Ping. But I wouldn't swear to either one.

If I am remembering correctly, the one I saw didn't had a degree on it, but looked more like a 60º than a 56º.

I know this post doesn't really help, but at least its keeping the board moving, :)

LOL. Well I was thinking it was a 64* wedge for some reason but I KNOW thats not right.

I was flipping through the Wishon catalog and they had one in there that was listed at 54*, so that may be the answer.

The more I think about it I think Cleveland had one...its coming back slowlly!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
LOL. Well I was thinking it was a 64* wedge for some reason but I KNOW thats not right.

I was flipping through the Wishon catalog and they had one in there that was listed at 54*, so that may be the answer.

The more I think about it I think Cleveland had one...its coming back slowlly!

The one I recall having seen was pretty high lofted, it could have been even more than a 60º. It's been several years back, even before I bought my 60º, and I remember think, OMG, what would you ever need this thing for?

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
Pretty sure the 'd' was was for 'dual', which meant that it could be used a sand wedge & something else. What that 'something else' is, I don't recall. From what else is in this thread, 54* would be dual sand and gap wedge. Or 58-60* could be dual sand and lob wedge. Really, there was and is very little standard in the nomenclatures. What one calls a 'D' wedge, another calls a 'A' wedge, another calls a 'L' wedge, etc. Next time you're in the proshop, just ask the pro to measure what the loft and lie is and match that, whatever the manufacturer calls it.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Pretty sure the 'd' was was for 'dual', which meant that it could be used a sand wedge & something else. What that 'something else' is, I don't recall. From what else is in this thread, 54* would be dual sand and gap wedge. Or 58-60* could be dual sand and lob wedge. Really, there was and is very little standard in the nomenclatures. What one calls a 'D' wedge, another calls a 'A' wedge, another calls a 'L' wedge, etc. Next time you're in the proshop, just ask the pro to measure what the loft and lie is and match that, whatever the manufacturer calls it.

I am thinking the Dual wedge in this case means dual SW/GW because this is his 100 yard club. Thanks for the responses though!

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I thought a D wedge was between a PW and a SW, like a gap or A wedge, but could be mistaken

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I have a Cleveland Diatic that is 53*...not sure if this is what you are talking about though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.