• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

D2, D3 & D2 COMP all of them baby!!

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
i have run into a few golf nutz in Chi Town whom have ties with Titleist and thus have been getting drivers overnighted to me for shafting.. AND with their permission of course - i get to hit them myself - so i can get a general feeling for each and performance. and i am a golf nut also.. so here is some general info for those looking...
1)D3 = pro style low spin,launch .. penetrating flight. workability is easy, solid muted sound, sets up classic, square face angle at center measure.
2)D2 = medium spin/launch - a driver for all levels, hit it high and low with ball placement and tee height. sqaure set up, muted sound, new moi look and not bad.
3) D2 COMP= mid-high spin/launch.. game improvement driver.. hit it all over the face and she wants to go high and straight.. larger foot print than th eothers.. more ass on her - if i can say that. but still she sets up well at address, higher sound than the others - but not turn aruond loud.
4) stock shafts> voodoo by titleist is terrible, blue board for titleist is better. upgrade if you can - special order.. or send to me for a reshaft :emot-ange, .. beenn putting in all levels of shafts- reald deal voodoo is great, ust axiv, accra 's, fubuki in the D3 is a bad combo--, rombax 6x is nice in the D2...
-----well-- general info for all.. questions feel free to ask me .. hoep this helped some.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
What made the titleist voodoo so bad? I just got a D3, but I haven't had a chance to hit it.

I had good luck with a pm702 stiff with my L4V. What would you put in the D3?

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
yea well i got a good enough deal that I could reshaft it and still not have paid retail. So it's cool..

OP
Victory

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
if you liked the pm 702. look at the accra xc-75, ust axiv tour red , real deal voodoo v7, some good solid options to make it behave. give it a try by all means before you reshaft. ken

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
I'm going to give it a fair shot, but I was also already thinking axiv tour red or black depending on how it acts.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
Well I hit it and I must say it is quite the driver. BUT I'm gonna have to get a shaft with a stiffer tip! I like the flight it has now, but everytime I went after one I had a power draw LOL.

How do the axiv tour shafts flight it compared to the stock flight? Like I said I like the flight, just need a stiffer tip.

keyyy

Dec 22, 2008
Well I hit it and I must say it is quite the driver. BUT I'm gonna have to get a shaft with a stiffer tip! I like the flight it has now, but everytime I went after one I had a power draw LOL.

How do the axiv tour shafts flight it compared to the stock flight? Like I said I like the flight, just need a stiffer tip.

great,congratulations to your achievement.

and now I'm off to the world of spammers.

ASUisNumber1

PGM Agribusiness at ASU
Dec 27, 2008
I have tried a good deal of shafts, I would have to say the best FEELING shaft that I have played was a Diamana Blue 63 S in 07 burner tp. But it was just too soft for me.

I have played the Accuflex Creation both copper and Silver, again great great shafts that can be had for pennies now.

For some reason the UST V2 still is a winner. I just threw one into my 2007 Burner TP 9.5 V1 and its a flat, deep bomber. I love it.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Were you hitting these drivers on a launch monitor. Just wondering what kind of spin rates were being produced. I've been thinking of checking out the D3 cause i was a huge fan of the 983e and have heard they have similar characteristics. Did the titleist diamana play soft to flex?

OP
Victory

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
old school - eye sight & new range balls :laugh:
stock voodoo sucks. stock blue board is actually pretty darn good. D3's feel is more muffled than the old 983 and 905. not bad- just a solid hitting feel they must have a rubber dampening system in place. spin is less than both mentioned. in loft verse loft. head design is like the 983 -- stocky pear shape/deep faced.. hope this helped. ken

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Thanks Ken. Sounds like something i may be interested in. Just a little worried about the stock diamana. I swing around 112, so may be leaning at getting the x-flex. I looked at the titleist website and it seems like the specs are a bit off from the factory diamanas.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
Strider, I've got a d3 with the stock voodoo in stiff. I'm around 105-110 and wish I would have gotten an x flex just for the control.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Thats kind of what i am thinking. Seems like the stock shafts always play soft to flex. May have to pony up install a good shaft.

OP
Victory

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
i have a new D3 10.5* with real voodoo here. special order for a guy.. and he is a no show. stiff flex. but the upgraded real voodoo. good for the 110-112 speed. or if you go stock. by all means jump up to X. perfect...

🔥 Latest posts