• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daly Planet - John's gets fitted

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
So I am watching the DVR of Big Break (love them gals - seem like real people)... anyways as it's over I catch the end of the Daly planet and JD is in the TM Lab getting fitted for some RAC TP MB and R7 425. He sets up with the 425 and throws the stick back at the TM rep saying something like "pull it, it's damn ugly" (referring to the Reax shaft)

Sure enough a new R7 shows up a few mins later with JD's Graf Proto in it... so much for all the tour guys playing the Reax

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
And so much for the techy stuff that amateurs worry about so much.Does it look good and feel good matters more than what happens on a launch monitor.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
dave. said:
And so much for the techy stuff that amateurs worry about so much.Does it look good and feel good matters more than what happens on a launch monitor.

You got that right - JD didn't even waggle it ;)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I saw the show, too. Is it me, or did JD just seem to breeze through TM with minimal time in the way of fitting. Maybe it was just the show making it seem quick, but it looked like JD walked out of there with a few clubs, a bag of ball, a bag full of shoes, and some golf gloves with minimal time spent on fitting the clubs.

I also can not imagine showing up at a new sponsers headquarters and not knowing what you were being paid to play. When he was getting his golf balls he was like, "Do I have to play with Maxfli gloves?" Although, I did kind of like his comment when he was getting ready to board his flight to the U.A.E. The TM rep hands him the new Maxfli bag and tells JD he needs to use it at the tournement. JD looks at the bag and says "Noodle? Isn't that the ladies ball?" He then tells his caddy to load up the TM bag as well. Must have pissed off the rep as they had a Noodle education class for him when he showed up at headquarters.

Man, I would love to spend a day at a place like TM headquarters getting fully fitted and outfitted and grabbing a bunch of the freebies. "No, that shaft your pushing to the public is ugly, get me a Speeder 757 in there." "I don't like the feel of the wedges, regrind them so they look better." "I need about a gross of that premium golf ball your pushing. Don't try and pawn off those 2 piece lady ball crap to me either."

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
ualtim said:
I saw the show, too. Is it me, or did JD just seem to breeze through TM with minimal time in the way of fitting. Maybe it was just the show making it seem quick, but it looked like JD walked out of there with a few clubs, a bag of ball, a bag full of shoes, and some golf gloves with minimal time spent on fitting the clubs.

I also can not imagine showing up at a new sponsers headquarters and not knowing what you were being paid to play. When he was getting his golf balls he was like, "Do I have to play with Maxfli gloves?" Although, I did kind of like his comment when he was getting ready to board his flight to the U.A.E. The TM rep hands him the new Maxfli bag and tells JD he needs to use it at the tournement. JD looks at the bag and says "Noodle? Isn't that the ladies ball?" He then tells his caddy to load up the TM bag as well. Must have pissed off the rep as they had a Noodle education class for him when he showed up at headquarters.

Man, I would love to spend a day at a place like TM headquarters getting fully fitted and outfitted and grabbing a bunch of the freebies. "No, that shaft your pushing to the public is ugly, get me a Speeder 757 in there." "I don't like the feel of the wedges, regrind them so they look better." "I need about a gross of that premium golf ball your pushing. Don't try and pawn off those 2 piece lady ball crap to me either."

It's a graffaloy prototype not a speeder ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
ualtim said:

How are you gonna hit anything besides a Lady's Ball, 'Tim? :D

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
VtDivot said:
It's a graffaloy prototype not a speeder ;)
yup, I was aware of that. If I was doing it I would have the Fuji put it.....

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Rockford35 said:
How are you gonna hit anything besides a Lady's Ball, 'Tim? :D

R35

The way I have been hitting them lately, Rock, I might as well be playing with the whiffle balls.......

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
He's right though the shaft is ugly. I am debating on whether to put a GD PM-702 or a 757 in mine. I hit it fine but it has a Medusa effect on all who look at it including me.

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I just watched the same show, pretty funny guy and not afraid to speak his mind. Loved it!:smilie_tm

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.