• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Damn, almost an Ace today

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Closest I have come so far, 143 yards & I pull out the mighty 8 iron. Distance was dead nuts perfect, the ball lands on the green maybe 6-7' in front of the hole & rolls right at the pin. Last second it breaks just a touch & the ball ends up perfectly in line with the cup & between 12-14" away. I had a touch time getting my foot in between the ball & the cup for a pseudo measurement.

The birdie was nice but damn would coulda been.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Nice shot. Those are the ones that keep us coming back again and again.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I always aim 18" left of the stick...I really don't want to buy a bunch of drinks.
icon10.gif

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm envious Wi. An almost 'hole-in-3' is the closest I've come.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
I had one of those 2 weeks ago. Knock down PW on a 120 yard par 3. Landed short and right of the pin, bounced once and spun left. It rolled past the hole and stopped a foot away. Looking at my ball mark and where it stopped, it had to burn the edge of the cup. The closest I've ever come to be sure.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
+1

If it wasn't for those few shining moments I'd give this stupid game up, :D

I told my buddy the same thing, if you really stop & think about it, golf is a stupid game.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Musta been something in the air man.. I snuck out of work Friday for 18, and was out playing.. I was doing okay, but trying some new stuff out with my swing plane and getting good results.

Par 3, 174 yard, downhill a bit. Grabbed a 7 iron, and figured I'd put it on the front, so I'd had a nice uphill putt.

I didn't put a great swing on it, kinda hit it a tad off the toe, but it went up, started to cut a little, and looked dead at the pin. I lost it in the sun, and had some crappy back up sunglasses on, and then heard the "thud". I thought I was short and in soggy waste area infront of the green.

Partner says.. 'Aint gonna get closer than that..' Thought he was being a smart ass.

We get down there, and low and behold.. The pitch mark was 3 friggin inches from the hole, and the ball skipped to the right, and was half the distance of my 11.5 shoes to the hole. One handed it in for the bird, but I was just in awe that I almost slam dunked it from 175 out and into the sun. :)

🔥 Latest posts