• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Damn you PGA Superstore!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Oh, I understand it. I'm just saying, you'd be asking one thing, then ya'd git ur ass whipped!

:D

Bring your lunch and some friends, boy...you're gonna be there a while and I ain't taking you to the hospital when I'm done!! :ugly25:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Bring your lunch and some friends, boy...you're gonna be there a while and I ain't taking you to the hospital when I'm done!! :ugly25:

Ahahaha. :D

We really do jack threads terribly well.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I live in Atlanta, and I'm used to getting jack'd but, you guys take the cake!! :scotty:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I live in Atlanta, and I'm used to getting jack'd but, you guys take the cake!! :scotty:
Welcome to Shot Talk. :D

Judging by the photos, it looks like the club has been shortened a bit (shaft label is right up against the grip.) Looks like it is probably around 33" now if not shorter. Still, a great pickup for that price.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
You could definitely get more than $100 for it!!!

I bought a Studio Design #2 off ebay a few weeks ago. Paid $157 for it. At one point I was "watching" 45 different Cameron putters..... as I wanted a SD #1 like yours, a SD #2, a Circa #1, or a Coronado 2 Oil Can. I wanted to compare prices, see which of my four preferred models went for the most, least, etc.

Well... my $157 was the fourth LOWEST price of all 45 auctions. Some went for more than $200 every time (the oil can Coronado Two).

Here is mine... I think I got lucky and don't have to deal with what appears to be some rust spots on the face of yours. But you can remove them!!! On the other hand, I have some of the finish wearing off on the sole, along the leading edge.

SD 2 Cut 640x465.jpg

$18 for a Studio Design headcover is also cheap. Most of these go for $20-25 w/out shipping.

One question... the shaft band is right under your grip.... has the putter been cut down at some point?? Is it less than 35 inches now? I'm thinking yes.

Lastly, the care and maintenance for these models can be a b i t c h, like that big chick on Big Break Kaanapali. Do some research on it, PM for a great website with lots of info for Cameron "newbies."

I love mine, and we have very similar models... welcome to the club :laugh:!!! I do find that I have to give the ball pretty substantial smack to get the balll to the hole on long putts, and am curious if you discover the same -- but the feel is incredible (like one of the good looking chicks on Big Break no doubt)

:scotty:
SD 2 Cut 640x465.jpg

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The putter is 33. I'm assuming it was a 35, or 34 to begin with, and it's been cut to 33. I'm guessing they didn't move the shaft banding on it. I normally play with a 35, but I'll be damn'd if this 33 has me in a more comfortable position to putt.

I do have a few rust spots on the face, however, the finish and the paint everywhere on this putter is amazing condition. I just wish I knew the best way to rid the few rusty spots.

And long putts.. YES!! I have noticed that I have to give it a tad bit more push to it then I was used too with my rossa.. However, the feel of the putter is great, it's hard to explain. My stroke is alot smoother, I feel more confident, now I'm just getting used to having to give it a little more than normal on the 15ft or more putts.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yes, all Studio Designs left the shop at 35". (OK, before Wirehair comes in and destroys that statement, all US Standard Issue Studio Designs left the shop at 35", there are probably some Circle T's, JAT's, or Japanese market issue that were produced at 34" or shorter.)

35" is just too long for most folks so the 33" cut down may work wonders for you. My longest gamer in the past 10 years has been 33" and I have putted so much better since shortening from the standard 35" length. I have gone as low as 31.5 inches, but as I get a bit older my back appreciates the 33" putters a whole lot more.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I do have a few rust spots on the face, however, the finish and the paint everywhere on this putter is amazing condition. I just wish I knew the best way to rid the few rusty spots.

The spots will not affect the performance, of course. The guys on CameronCollector who sleep with their putters claim that FLITZ is a great product for a putter like yours....

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I should get on her on here, that'd be a riot...

fixed your post for those who like your new avatar. :laugh: I have a little blond cutie myself, even if we are both a bit older than you two... I understand why you are smiling the way you are.

🔥 Latest posts