• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Darren Clarke wins in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
After a long spell in the golfing wilderness the big Dazza finally lands a victory in Shanghai. Maybe not a World class field, maybe not the most prestigious tournament, but a win nonetheless. And a 40ft. putt on the last green to snatch it, a sure sign that the golfing gods were looking kindly on him.

A hearty congratulations to Mr. Clarke, let's hope he can get back to the greatness that his talent deserves. He has been through a terrible time over the last 5 years or so.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Who fukking cares! He's just a washed up golfer getting thrown a bone from a non existent tour, but I'm sure the hacks will write this up as the feel good story of the year. Clarke was a very good golfer and probably should have won a major, but his best days are well and truly behind him, hence playing in a second rate event in Shanghai.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Dude, chill out! What's going down with all the flaming and abuse? Garcia first and now Clarke? It's fine expressing an opinion, but you seem to be taking it a little too far. Do you actually play golf at all?

I happen to think Clarke is on a comeback. Can't say that he will win a major, but I do see him getting back in the world's top 20. He is working as hard as ever and seems to be enjoying his golf right now. Winning in China was a step in the right direction.

Who cares? Well for one I do. As a fellow Irishman I enjoy seeing him do well. And I'll bet there are a bunch of folk on this forum who would are interested in Clarke's rehabilitation in the golfing world.

There seems to be a pattern in some of your posts drawn from anger and frustration, mainly targeting Europeans. You obviously have a problem with me as well. Maybe you should create your own forum www.totalbiggotinanivorytower.com where you can post your fury and narrow minded views of the world to a bunch of other deviants who get off on that sort of thing. Then you don't have to post here!

Sling created this forum to get a global golf perspective with genuine friendly golfers contributing. You don't seem to share that spirit which is disappointing.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Is this a forum? As in a place where people can express their opinions freely and without being harrassed by the 'warm and fuzzy' police. I think you are the one who needs to chill. Dude! You seem very uptight, and get on your soap box every time I post a comment that doesn't fall into your own criteria of what is socially acceptable on a golf forum.

Hey everybody, from now on only post positive, nice things about everything, or Ned Flanders here will be on you like a fly on a terd.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Is this a forum? As in a place where people can express their opinions freely and without being harrassed by the 'warm and fuzzy' police. I think you are the one who needs to chill. Dude! You seem very uptight, and get on your soap box every time I post a comment that doesn't fall into your own criteria of what is socially acceptable on a golf forum.

Hey everybody, from now on only post positive, nice things about everything, or Ned Flanders here will be on you like a fly on a terd.
You have a long history of having a negative, spiteful tone. Go away.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
IG, if you would like to start another thread on this topic, please feel free to do so. This is one is going to be locked up to douse the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.