• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Datrek Fusion Stand bag...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I need to vent here a little....

Last July I bought a Datrek Fusion Stand bag. Mainly because it had an Izzo Strap and those straps are the only ones I have ever had luck with. WHen I got the bag I found that I actually liked the setup of the bag, pockets were in good spots and easy to get to, the bag seemed to be well set up. I played, sadly, only about 4 more rounds last year after purchasing the bag and all were riding-so I hadn't walked with the bag until this summer.

This summer my buddies and I decided we were young enough and out of shape enough to really need to start excercising more-hence we would walk while we played. It was really nice actually. After 3 walking rounds with this bag, THREE!!!, the stand system fell apart. I sent an email to Datrek and they said I had two options, send it back to TGW where I got it and they would warranty it or they could send me the part to fix it. Not wanting to wait the "up to 7 weeks" it could take to get it back from being warrantied I asked they ship me the part.

Three weeks later I got the part, the wrong part! Long story short I ended up sending it to TGW.com anyway-that was on June 16th of this summer. It is now TEN AND A HALF weeks since I last saw my Datrek Fusion stand bag and numerous calls to TGW have resolved NOTHING. I have also sent several emails to the person I originally dealt with at Datrek and....surprise no response.

To be fair, I know TGW.com has little to do with Datrek and all they really are at this point is the middle man. This is my first issue with TGW.com and sadly its about what I expected. I am very frustrated with the whole process and will NEVER buy Datrek again!!! I have a feeling that if I see my bag again-it won't be until next golf season......

PS-Now that I typed all of that and vented a little, this probably should have gone in the review section....but I wanted as many people to see it as possible.

PPS-Since I didn't have a golf bag I bought a Callaway Warbird XT hot-I think thats the name of it- and am in LOVE with the bag....light, easy to carry and the pockets are well located.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.