• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Datrek SoLite stand bag

goalie

Dec 24, 2006
What: Datrek SoLite stand bag. I got it at The Golf Warehouse.

Why: I had an old generic stand bag that was uncomfortable to actually carry. I wanted something that had a nice divider system to protect graphite shafts, and I wanted a water-bottle holder that I could get to while walking.

Form: The bag I got was plain black. It looks nice with my Adams A2 OS clubs that have black/red headcovers. My 3-wood has a black Golfsmith headcover, so it matches as well.

Function: The Izzo strap system makes carrying comfortable. There is also a slot to run the strap through while riding that keeps the bag from shifting too much, although it doesn't work as well as the ones I've seen on Ogio bags. There are enough pockets to keep things organized and I LOVE the individual club dividers for each club. It really works keeping the clubs organized and relatively clank-free when walking.

The stand works well, but sometimes on a hill I need to give it a nudge to get it out all the way. The legs do not rattle around and annoy me like the stand legs on my last bag did.

I really like the water-bottle holder, as the insulation does keep my water colder than I am used to. I also like the little tee-holders.

Also, at 4.8lbs, the bag is pretty light. In fact, it's much lighter than comparably featured Ogio bags I looked at.

Price: I paid 65 bucks shipped.

Overall Impression: After three rounds and three trips to the range, I am quite happy that I bought this bag instead of spending more on one of the other bags I looked at. It has enough pockets and storage, it has individual club dividers, it has a comfortable dual-strap carry system, and it is light. I mean, what more do you really NEED in a bag?

Of course, only time will tell just how durable it is.

packerfan1

South Bend, IN
Jan 4, 2007
Da-Trek So-Lite

I have had this bag since last summer (June '06)...bought it on sale for $59 at Target...I looked around in-person quite a bit at a lot of different bags at Dick's, etc. and chose this one based on features and price.

Light to carry, the stand itself is flawless...no problems with it in over a year, and I play golf walking once or twice a week. Lots of pockets...14 club slots, durable, nice straps...mine is all black too, flawless performance for a year.

The bag is obviously great for walking, it also has a great strap retainer on the front for motorized golf cart use...and the bag stands up straight and doesn't slip in a golf cart, no problem (I find this to be the exception with stand bags, they usually flop all over in a golf cart)!

Link to pics/features online here: Datrek SoLite 14ADS Divider Stand Bag

Pic of my personal bag (year old pic, different irons now) is here:
MyGolfBag2007.jpg (image)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.