• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daughter has first 18 hole tourney tomorrow

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
My Daughter tees it up tomorrow in a State PGA Jr. Tour event tomorrow at 8:00. first time she's walking a full eighteen on a full size course. She's playing at about 5,300 yards at Whispering Springs, a real nice golf course in Fond du Lac, WI. Nice tree lined fairways, medium fast smooth greens, lots of bunkers, and a fair number of holes with water.

She's hitting her driver nice and straight 150 to 170, putting and chipping nicely, and hitting 7i through SW well. Struggling with longer clubs and fairway woods.

Going to be a test. She ate a nice healthy dinner and went to bed early. We're leaving about 5:45 after we get some breakfast in her. Her Titleists are marked, her clubs are clean, and the water bottles and snacks are ready to go. 69* and low wind at the shotgun tee off.

She doesn't seem too concerned, but I'm nervous as hell. Wish her luck. I'm hoping her first experience with players better than she has been playing with is a good one, and she doesn't run out of gas on the back nine.

Kevin

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Best of luck to her and you both.

If your like I was when my youngest was racing BMX in the big Nationals and the Grands, (BMX's Super Bowl), you're probably more nervous than she is. ;)

Latest posts