• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dave...give us an update

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
How's the HT room coming? Do you get to do the fun part soon (shop for electronics)?

I just put down on a nice speaker package. Given your budget/needs, they may be up your alley too.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
No shopping yet. Funny you ask though because I'm home today working on the room. I've had to completely change the wiring plan and have only the fronts wired so far.

Today I'm getting ready to put the wood floors down. Turns out to put wood floors next to a stone wall you have to cut a channel along the bottom of the stone wall. Between the wall and the fireplace I have about 40' to cut using a diamond blade and an air chisel. Fun, fun, fun.

Anyway, what speakers are you getting? I haven't made a decision yet so I'm open to ideas.

OP
buddha33

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
You didn't think things would be easy, did you?

To answer your question, I purchased from a small online-only company called Onix. They're running a special on their floorstander 550MKII series which ordinarily sell for $1K/pr. I bought two pair plus their RS200 center (usually $600) for $1700 total.

They're gorgeous speakers with exceptional praise from the small number of consumers and professionals who know about them.

Here's their web address in case you're interested in looking around: www.av123.com

Also, here are some pro reviews of their speakers.

http://www.guidetohometheater.com/speakersystems/305rocket/index.html
http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/rocket_speakers/index.html

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Those look nice. Let me know how you like them once they're set up. We've done a little listening at stores and it's amazing how different each brand sounds.

My favorite so far is B&W but there was a one store with a Klipsch package that was also good for less money.

At least the rock work got finished yesterday so that's something.

edit - I had a package picked out from Cambridge Soundworks and then the wiring plan blew up. Now the back speakers have to go in the ceiling and the people at CS don't sound very positive about their own product for that application.

🔥 Latest posts