• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dave, this one's for you....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks......I think. :D

The truth is I don't know too many people I could give them too. Not because no one likes Canada, because I think this could be the only all Republican county in the country.

As for me, I don't need the tee shirt as I would like to return to Canada for a visit one day. In the summer of course. My only trip their was on a company paid sales meeting and I had a blast. :canadafla

The master

Oct 24, 2004
My brother is moving out there next near because his girlfriend is from there 2 hours outside toronto so I will be making regular visits in a copule of years 2 times a year I would think. In two summers time im going out for the full summer 3 months. :wow:

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I was getting back at you for all the "snow" comments.

You've given me a complex, you know. :(

It's funny, when I was in Jamaica a few years back, people there treated us like garbage at the market. Then, a lady saw the Maple Leaf on my backpack and they loved us. Gave us better prices on souvenirs and food.

It's unfortunate that such a small number of people give an entire nation a bad name. For the number of bad Americans (and Canadians for that matter), i've met hundreds more great ones.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The master said:
My brother is moving out there next near because his girlfriend is from there 2 hours outside toronto so I will be making regular visits in a copule of years 2 times a year I would think. In two summers time im going out for the full summer 3 months. :wow:

2 hrs? Where's that?

R35

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I forget where the place is called I will ask him next time I see him. All I know it is 2 hours from toronto city. You should know where it is.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah, there was a news special on D-day and they were interviewing people in Normandy. I couldn't believe the attitude of the older people there. They absolutely love Americans and have not forgotten what the American Army did there. My dad was an infantry Sergeant during WWII and saw the worst of war so sometimes I take comments personal.

Anyway, I think mostly bad news makes "The News" and good news goes unreported. Golf forums like here and GR go a long way to show our similarities instead of our differences.

Did I mention it was 72 and sunny here today. :p

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Central Texas, we only get winter in short spurts. It gets down to freezing sometimes but only lasts a day or two.

Everything comes with a price and we pay ours in the summer. June through September is 90 and above.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
It gets down to frezzing all the time here and is dark at 4pm now. I can't play at all after school so that is why im always on here. When the clocks change I wont be away from the course. I wonder if BTL passes his PAT.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Yeah, there was a news special on D-day and they were interviewing people in Normandy. I couldn't believe the attitude of the older people there. They absolutely love Americans and have not forgotten what the American Army did there. My dad was an infantry Sergeant during WWII and saw the worst of war so sometimes I take comments personal.

Anyway, I think mostly bad news makes "The News" and good news goes unreported. Golf forums like here and GR go a long way to show our similarities instead of our differences.

Did I mention it was 72 and sunny here today. :p

I think I might attend the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Holland by Canadian soldiers in WWII with my grandfather. He was a heavy artillery gunner with the Candian infantry. He carries alot of memories from that, many of which he never would talk about. I think, for that very reason, this means alot to him. He's going on 88 this year, it might be the last big anniversary that he gets to see in person.

I wan't taking a shot at you Dave, I never would. Especially about something that hits home like that.

I might bug you about Texas tho. I mean, that's a given. ;)

Did I mention it was -23 here today with snow?

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Am I converting -23 correctly that it is -9f. That's cooooold. :wow:

That would be a great trip with your grandfather. Don't pass it up if you can go. I not trying to be too sappy and nothing you said was taken as a shot. I've just always been impressed with what men like my dad and your grandfather accomplished. I can't imagine what the world would be like now if they had failed. Time will tell if future generations feel the same way about those fighting terrorism today.

Hey, if we can't make fun of each other's country then what's the point. :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Hey, if we can't make fun of each other's country then what's the point. :D

Exactly, Yankee. :)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I suppose it's also good if we can laugh at our own countries. :p

This is the actual radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation released by the chief of naval operations, 10-10-95.

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

CANADIANS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

CANADIANS: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

AMERICANS: This is the Aircraft Carrier US LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that's one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

CANADIANS: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well done. I had heard that, but it always make me chuckle.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.