• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dave's review of the TP Red

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Er,just like everything else really.Does anyone here really think the premium balls are significantly different from each other? Pro V,TP,Nike Plat,SRC,plus others,I can't feel or tell any differance at all.They are all bloody great.

Balls can't get better imo.They just fly high and long and stop dead and yet react great on chip and runs.God bless the ball makers.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Actually thats the long version.Originally it was titled 'I can't tell what ball I pull out of the bag anymore' and they review was 'its because they are all great'.

I thought 6 words was a bit stingy so stretched it a bit

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
definitely a solid ball. good all around, i found it to play more like the ProV1x than anything.

i guess these are the balls we get to play with this year according to my coach, should be good.

found them much more durable than my beloved Nike One Platinums too.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Personally I *can* tell the difference between the balls designed to be super spinny around the greens and the slightly lower spin ones - partly from chips and pitches where the former tend to bounce and stop and the latter run on a little, but if I'm honest more from just how badly I can slice the spinny ones (compared to the low spin ones) on long approach shots. :shocked:

But I really can't tell much difference between Titleist, Bridgestone, Srixon, Nike, TaylorMade or whoever other than which are meant to be Pro V1 style and which are meant to be Pro V1x style.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I can feel the difference between Pro V black and reds and the like,but not between balls of the same ilk.

Nike balls don't suck,the Platinum is great

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
i dont know if tiger even plays the platinum anymore... wait nevermind..

i think i read he actually plays a "platinum" that plays nothing like the retail platinum.. he has his own, totally redesigned ball, that they call a platinum..

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
wasn't that ball made especially for him?

The original TA wasn't the same ball Tiger played although Nike advertised it as though it was. When people found out they demanded the same ball as Tiger, so there launched the TA TW. They said that the ball Tiger used was too hard for most golfers to get the kind of spin they would need to get the best out of the ball & that's why the TA was produced a little softer to perform for the average Joe. But golfers demanded the TW ball to be put into the shops for average Joe to try. I think they wouldn't make that mistake again and Tigers ball will be available although I don't now which one he is using at the moment.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
According to Todays Golfer he is using a Platinum

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
According to Todays Golfer he is using a Platinum

yeah he is, but it is nothing like the retail platinum.. almost a totally different ball made just for him, with a platinum logo stamped on it...

i realize most pro's stuff is like that, but at least they use somewhat the same as retail..

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The original TA wasn't the same ball Tiger played although Nike advertised it as though it was. When people found out they demanded the same ball as Tiger, so there launched the TA TW. They said that the ball Tiger used was too hard for most golfers to get the kind of spin they would need to get the best out of the ball & that's why the TA was produced a little softer to perform for the average Joe. But golfers demanded the TW ball to be put into the shops for average Joe to try. I think they wouldn't make that mistake again and Tigers ball will be available although I don't now which one he is using at the moment.

I have a dozen of the TA TW still in the box in my personal stock I am willing to part with if anyone wishes to purchase them. :D

I used to play 2-pieces several years ago, they are not THAT hard.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.