• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dave's review of the TP Red

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
So its a bit harder then,a bit like a Pro V1XX

I think these tales gain a growth of their own.Greg Norman used to use 110 compression,but that tale grew into him using something harder than diamonds.

Tigers ball will be the equivalent of a higher compression ball,an equivalent of a Pro v1xx

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States

I think these tales gain a growth of their own.Greg Norman used to use 110 compression,but that tale grew into him using something harder than diamonds.

Tigers ball will be the equivalent of a higher compression ball,an equivalent of a Pro v1xx

Personally, I thought they played more like the Pro V1x and not any harder. Still softer than most old school 2 piece surlyns.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

Spot on. They said that when Tiger used the retail ball spec it just spun way to much and he couldn't control it. I don't know about the new ball he's using but they'd be daft not to market the exact ball he uses as people would buy it. Are the retail Pro v1's & v1x's the same as the pro's use?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Here is a scan of the box bottom from the TA TW's with Nike's description of the 3 balls offered under the TA lablel:

TATW.jpg

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
There ya go,it says it right there,Tiger Woods plays that ball,it even says ideal for stingers on the box

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
In fact,what you have there is the equivalent of the Prov V1,Pro V1X and NXT.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I like the Prov1X. Seems longer than the ProV1 off the driver and spins a little less. I like a little less spin off the wedges. My ballstriking has gotten much better and I've been spinning back a lot of shots. Had my GW land to 8ft. last round and spin all the way back to a 20footer. I'd rather have the 8footer. :)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I'm with Erza. I spin the ball *way* too much and the Pro V 1x combats that a little. Find I get a tighter ball flight with it, also.

🔥 Latest posts