• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

David Duvall!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
He finished T2, to come from where he has been, ranked 882 to T2 is nothing short of amazing. Here's hoping he has made it back and will be in contention again for a long time to come. :thumbs up:

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I've always like DD....I wish he could win one or two......besides, hes a GA TECH boys too.

T2 is great for him and a great confidence builder.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
He got an awful break on his first swing of the day or he might have won. Tugged his approach and it buried right under and against the lip. His only play was to chunk it down to bottom of the bunker. From there he got it on and three putted for triple.

Glover hit it in a similar spot later and took an unplayable in a trap and Mahan hit the flag hard on the fly. Mahan's rebounded 50 feet away. He made bogeyed instead of birdie.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
He got an awful break on his first swing of the day or he might have won. Tugged his approach and it buried right under and against the lip. His only play was to chunk it down to bottom of the bunker. From there he got it on and three putted for triple.

Glover hit it in a similar spot later and took an unplayable in a trap and Mahan hit the flag hard on the fly. Mahan's rebounded 50 feet away. He made bogeyed instead of birdie.
Yeah, IMO it would've been a completely different story if his ball landed anywhere but directly into the lip like that. You could tell that it just took a lot of steam out of that hole.

Great to see him make and not fade nonetheless.

xman1112

May 8, 2009
Hopefully D2 is back. He was confident as hell in the media room after, good for him! That 59 he shot way back when was amazing...

74 thing

Sep 4, 2008
He was rolling them great on the greens-that one that came out on the 17th was 1/2 way down. Good to see him in contention.

brotheral

Feb 18, 2008
That $$ 559,830 paycheck / validation should lift his spirits and do wonders for his confidence.. You can see the sparkle allready... I'm just so happy for DD and his family....

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
What will this do for his world golf ranking and will this get him exemtion on the PGA????

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
No official exemption, but the cash should ensure a top 125 for next year, and the top 15 get him into next years Open automatically, I believe.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
That triple cost Duval the title. Everybody makes mistakes , but he got punished severely for what wasn't a real bad error. Mickelson and Barnes made worse swings than that and got reat breaks in the rough, Duval was just dead.

I am surprised to see him back, I honestly didn't think he had it in him. Very few golfers get back after going where he went (Baker-Finch, Seve, Lyle). The mental damage is usually too much to overcome. He has probably surprised everyone. I think he hit it better than anybody yesterday, just got that real bad break in the lip.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm sure winning more than 2/3rds in one week, than he has made in 6 years was a nice chunk.

That said, I think he's in contention, and if anything seems to have his head in the right spot, and wanting to get out and do more, and play better.

Aside from being a techie... I'm happy for him.

brotheral

Feb 18, 2008
What will this do for his world golf ranking and will this get him exemtion on the PGA????
Duval is using a 1 year, 1 time, top 50 all time money list exemption for the 2009 season. Hopefully, he'll play his way into a good exempt status for 2010.... I would think he'd be offered alot of sponsors exemptions anyway..... I'm no expert at this stuff, just my 2 cents !!! :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.