• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Davis Love?!?!? at TPC

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Did you see what happened to Davis Love yesterday?

He went from first round leader to missing the cut...I did not watch it on TV but saw it in the paper. A disasterous round including a quad on 9...what's up with this??

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sawgrass can do that to you. A couple of unlucky bounces put him into some unplayble lies. The wind was up a bit in the afternoon compared to the morning causing more of a challange to the afternoon tee times. Combine that with a cool putter, and your done for the weekend.

Plain and simple, he was just not as sharp as the day before and caught a couple of bad breaks that made things even harder.

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
I often wondered why the man seldom smiles and why he seems so morose ... then I heard about all the bad things that have happened in his life ... and now I feel sorry for the guy! I was cheering for him yesterday and that probably killed his chances!!:eek:

But, truthfully, I think that when he gets down on himself he gets waaaaay down ... so when things started to unravel he couldn't "reel it in"!

He's a good golfer ... he'll get over it.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Speaking of bouncing back

Owen is doing great, and while there are other players out there with different problems, he has to be the player of the week just for being able to get through last week and still play this week.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The forecast there calls for a high of 64 with 10-20 mph winds...there could be some more high scores out there.

Could you imagine teeing off on 17 with a 20 mph crosswind?

That would tighten the sphincter a bit...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya, I saw him take the 6 on that par four on his opening nine. That was a hack job. Deep ass rough kills you.

Sad for me as well, as we share the same last name...

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Canadriver said:
I often wondered why the man seldom smiles and why he seems so morose ... then I heard about all the bad things that have happened in his life ...

Yeah, it must have been tough growing up a rich spoiled brat of a famous PGA professional. Yes, his dad died, when he was a young man, some of us don't even know their father.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
TGC said last night that they pull 150,000 balls a year out of the lake around #17. :D

I think if I were the super, I would simply locate a net about 5 feet below the water's surface, that would gather the balls and funnel them into a pipe, where the balls would roll out to the equipment shed and dry.

I would then have a sorting machine that would identify and group the balls, and then sell them.

It is pretty well known that a ball which has been submerged for at least 4-5 days absorbs a little water and does not perform as well as one that has not. Despite this, thousands of golfers continue to buy water balls from used dealers.

Using my system, these balls would never have to be classifed as water balls as they would spend less than 60 seconds in the drink...

You could make a mint...

OR - you could have the ball roll through the pipe and come out at a point that is next to the green..kind of like a bowling ball return. By the time the player got to the green, his ball(s) would be waiting for him and he could buy them back at a cost of $1 apiece. For the Pro-V1 player - it would be a bargain...

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
VtDivot said:
Yeah, it must have been tough growing up a rich spoiled brat of a famous PGA professional. Yes, his dad died, when he was a young man, some of us don't even know their father.

Vt ... there's more to it than that. I was told that he had a cousin or brother-in-law taking care of his finances ... that person stole a lot of money from him ... then remorsefully committed suicide ... then his wife left him.
Is that all true?!

If it is I can certainly sympathize, no matter what his upbringing!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Canadriver said:
Vt ... there's more to it than that. I was told that he had a cousin or brother-in-law taking care of his finances ... that person stole a lot of money from him ... then remorsefully committed suicide ... then his wife left him.
Is that all true?!

If it is I can certainly sympathize, no matter what his upbringing!

Damn - I forgot about that and YES it is true. Family/Friends and money do not mix.

I'm not sure about his wife leaving him tho? All of this has been pretty recent too. Maybe I was a little too hard on him :( Sorry DL3, you know you're still my number 2, just cause I really like your game.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
So who the hell is putting for Sergio this week anyways?????

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's the goatee. I swear, he plays and looks better with facial hair. (Take note, Sling! :D)

As for DLIII, it was his brother in law. I read an in depth article about him and what happened. I think that was something that really rocked his world, as perfect as it was (a la VT's earlier comment). He grew up with a silver spoon up his ass, and then the shit really hit the fan. Something that probably didn't happen alot in his social circle...

Funny how golfers are real people too....Daly, Freddie, DLIII, ect....

R35

🔥 Latest posts