• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DD

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Look at his final day. 71. Thats nearly as good as Hodge Podge. (Who really did well, and deserved to keep that jug).

I know some of you doubt him, but I really like Duval and want to see him get back in this. 3/4 of those scores showed he could do it. One bad day, all it takes. Yeah, he'll need to get all 4, but still.

I'm going to root for the guy.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'll be pulling for DD right along with you.

As for his performance at The Open, who didn't have a bad day?!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
DD had a typical DD tourney. He shot his usual 11 over, the only difference was the rest of the field had a rough time this week as well. Seeing David hit a few tee shots this past weekend tells me that he will never win again. I really like the guy, but its over for him.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
DD had a typical DD tourney. He shot his usual 11 over, the only difference was the rest of the field had a rough time this week as well. Seeing David hit a few tee shots this past weekend tells me that he will never win again. I really like the guy, but its over for him.

Then how do you explain away the three good to great rounds he shot?

I think your statement is painting with way too broad of a brush.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Honestly? I think he has it in him, we all know he does. Its why I continue to root for him.

The problem is, Duval isn't playing like he has it in him, not all the time. Not enough.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Then how do you explain away the three good to great rounds he shot?

I explain it away because golf tourneys are 4 rounds and even though he placed well he was still double digits over par. His track record speaks volumes, and his round on Saturday was just more of it. His round Saturday didnt kill him because of the way the weather was keeping scores high. DD's score was not weather related though, he hit half a dozen snap hooks and in any other tour event would have plummeted to dead last with the way he played. The weather was an equalizer here, this was not a comeback from a once great player.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was pulling for him in the same way I was pulling for Greg Norman, but have to agree that 3 of 4 rounds does not make a top caliber golfer. So until either one of them puts 4 of 4 together to win a tournament, I would have to agree that I would necessarily say either is on their way BACK.

The thing is, I don't think DD has the commitment to make it back, and simply views it as an opportunity to have some fun. So if he is simply content with playing to have fun and enjoying family and life, I doubt he will ever find his way back to anything resembling the caliber he used to be. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and not that I won't have fun seeing him do well if it is even for only 3 of 4 rounds.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
The thing is, I don't think DD has the commitment to make it back, and simply views it as an opportunity to have some fun. So if he is simply content with playing to have fun and enjoying family and life, I doubt he will ever find his way back to anything resembling the caliber he used to be.

That's my feeling as well. He just doesn't seem to have the hunger to win any more.

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
I think everyones pulling for him its just can he put his swing back together. He still hits it a mile. One win is gonna be all it takes to get the old DD back. (or close to)

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
I explain it away because golf tourneys are 4 rounds and even though he placed well he was still double digits over par. His track record speaks volumes, and his round on Saturday was just more of it. His round Saturday didnt kill him because of the way the weather was keeping scores high. DD's score was not weather related though, he hit half a dozen snap hooks and in any other tour event would have plummeted to dead last with the way he played. The weather was an equalizer here, this was not a comeback from a once great player.
I have always liked Duval, but would have to agree with this appraisal until his play proves otherwise over an extended period of time.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
DD was my favorite golfer when i started playing.i realy hope he can make a comeback.

🔥 Latest posts