• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dead...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Board is DEAD today!!!
Played this morning. Beautiful morning. Course was DEAD!
Ran out to do some errands, today. Stopped by Target and Golf USA. Both DEAD!
Yesterday, got wife a new SmartPhone at AT&T. No waiting. Place was DEAD!
Just got both bathrooms totally redone. Went shopping, yesterday, with the wife for towel bars, etc. Home Depot, Menards... Both of them were DEAD!
Traffic been actually bearable the past couple of days. Much less than we normally see on a weekend.
Sorta nice!! End of summer slow down.

Just beginning to see the first college kids coming back to town. The next couple of weeks will see that horde return. Traffic will pick up. Beer sales will assist our sales tax revenue. DUI and MIP arrests will skyrocket. Used to enjoy when the coeds would sunbathe in the City Park and on campus. Now, they all look like they're about the age of my grandkids.

Getting too old for about anything except golf... and wonder why I can't keep up with the young flatbellies there!!!!

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Lol funny you say that, I was just about to check in the computer to see if something was wrong.
Usually use the iPhone app and saw no new posts this morning. Very unlike this place.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm pissed off at all things golf. I did catch a 6# brown trout today though. Took the boat out yesterday and got a sunburn.
You giving up the game? You really selling your sig?

Honestly, while I'm not pissed at the game I'm having a hard time finding my passion/desire to play. It's just not there.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You giving up the game? You really selling your sig?
Some of it. I'm going to keep what I can put together with those Spaldings from my pops just to have something around just in case. Nothing is sacred though for the right price. Don't get me wrong, i'm not going to take a beating just to dump it. But, yeah... for the time being i'm at my end with golf. Feels like a big waste of time and money.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Some of it. I'm going to keep what I can put together with those Spaldings from my pops just to have something around just in case. Nothing is sacred though for the right price. Don't get me wrong, i'm not going to take a beating just to dump it. But, yeah... for the time being i'm at my end with golf. Feels like a big waste of time and money.
Blasphemy!!:eek:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've been having those thoughts lately, like what's the point. I don't have the time/desire/money to commit to getting really good and playing tournaments and such...I need a group of guys to play regularly with if I'm going to keep playing.

Might just put the bag away for awhile.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I've been having those thoughts lately, like what's the point. I don't have the time/desire/money to commit to getting really good and playing tournaments and such...I need a group of guys to play regularly with if I'm going to keep playing.

Might just put the bag away for awhile.
I was super excited about golf this year, if you couldn't tell by all the stuff I bought. I was on the course one day and just having a baby fit. I stepped back and thought, "really?? I'm acting like this?" Then I totaled up what I had spent this year... And that day... And a few days before. Then I thought about how ridiculous it must look for me to have what I have with the game I don't have. All this culminated into the realization that i'm fuckin stupid. There was a point where I would salivate to hit a certain shot. I went from beginner to low 40's for 9 quicker than most. My regression since then has just been ruining what would otherwise be nice walks. I have no clue why either. I'm just over it. At least for now.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So far no interest in my stuff though so i'll probably end up keeping it...

I tallied what I spent and am not to bad but that's mainly because I enjoy selling almost more than playing.

I have 12 year old irons, 8yr old 3w and 5-6 year old driver. I'm fine with that as I don't see a huge improvement with new stuff, just more $$.

The stuff I have sold thou give noticed is taking longer to sell and
many times for less than what id
hoped

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I tallied what I spent and am not to bad but that's mainly because I enjoy selling almost more than playing.

I have 12 year old irons, 8yr old 3w and 5-6 year old driver. I'm fine with that as I don't see a huge improvement with new stuff, just more $$.

The stuff I have sold thou give noticed is taking longer to sell and
many times for less than what id
hoped
Would you please just jump on a computer so I can understand what the hell you're trying to say.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf can be an intimidating, cruel game. Some years ago, I had to have all the newest equipment and thought I was going to be God's gift to the sport. Quickly found that the more serious I took the game... the more thousands I spent on clubs... the less I enjoyed the game. I didn't have a regular group. I tried to impress those I ended up playing with by the fancy bag of clubs... instead of having a bag full of "old friends" that I could just enjoy the game with.

This past 15+ years, the game has been my "social" outlet. Have a good group of regulars to play the game iwth. Have ended up knowing most of the members at our club. And, my wife and I just do not socialize much outside the home.

This year has been one of the most difficult. Our new pro is a first class jerk. He's ended up getting rid of... running off... most of the former staff members who knew all the members and were part of the social circle. Now, you walk in to the clubhouse and the "kids with big heads" act as if you are a bother to them. Lots of old members upset, but that doesn't do any good when the Board hired this guy and won't admit their error. Been more than once, this year, I've considered trading in the clubs for horsehoes or checkers. All that would accomplish would be to allow an egotistical punk to take away one of the few enjoyments left for an old man. So, I get about as much fun out of being an agitator as playing golf. In fact, recently my agitator "handicap" is close to scratch!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.