• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

December 1st - 16"+ blizzard in Wisconsin

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
35 mph winds. It's nasty and has snuffed out any hope I had of any more golf this year. I've just plowed my driveway (snowblower) and one hour later there's more snow on it then when I started. Geez :dead:

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
We got about an inch yesterday here in Dallas, it is gone and we are expecting 54* on saturday so i will definetely be playing.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
No snow but it was 25* this morning. Thankfully it will be back in the 60s by tomorrow so I'll be playing too.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
WBL, I just got an e-mail from Pine Needles in Southern Pines, NC (next door to Ft, Bragg): $79 for 18 holes, including cart & range balls, good through Jan 31, 2007.

Come on down here! :D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Funny, you got an inch of snow in Dallas and yesterday here in Southern Vermont it was 70*. Of course today its raining and the weekend was supposed to be really nasty.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Here in Queens, NY. It's cloudy, rained a bit but 72*. strange.

Temps are dropping overnight though but it should still be fine to golf tomorrow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
35 mph winds. It's nasty and has snuffed out any hope I had of any more golf this year. I've just plowed my driveway (snowblower) and one hour later there's more snow on it then when I started. Geez :dead:
Stuck in a hotel in Northeast Misery (Missouri) today! 12" snow overnight. Cars and SUV's can't even get out of the parking lot. I-70 closed south of here. 4-lane Hwy 63 close west of here. They say most roads that are open are only opened to 1 1/2 to 2 lane width and the winds are blowing those back shut. Hoped to get back home for the weekend, but will probably just stay put. Have a kitchenette, here in the room, and enough food for a week. Clothes for a couple of weeks...

At this age, you don't get excited about much of anything. Can't change the weather or the road conditions... just have to live with them. Interesting listening to some of these folks who are stranded and how upset they get because they can't get out to "call on customers", etc. In reality, the customers probably aren't working anyway!! Chill out... grab a good book... Argue (Woops! I mean discuss) golf topics on DB's... The Good Lord will give us another day to play golf.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
We have about 6" of snow, but it's -40 with the windchill.

R35

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Funny, you got an inch of snow in Dallas and yesterday here in Southern Vermont it was 70*. Of course today its raining and the weekend was supposed to be really nasty.

It was 80* for two days then it dropped down to 32* the next day, snowed, today it is supposed to be 44* and tomorrow 54* or 56* This will be enough snow for us for two years, that is about the going rate on snow in Dallas.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Here in Queens, NY. It's cloudy, rained a bit but 72*. strange.

Temps are dropping overnight though but it should still be fine to golf tomorrow.

Same here in RI, maybe a few degrees colder. Where do you play in NY? I've seen a few courses driving through on the highway. I'd hate to try to get on one of those though. You up for Bethpage next year?
icon10.gif

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Here in Sunny England I've played Southport & Ainsdale links in short sleeve shirt. Mainly blue skys with a few whispy clouds and a slight off shore breeze. I LOVE GLOBAL WARMING!!! I will post about the course later but apparently today I followed in the foot steps of Walter Hagon, Gene Sarazen & Byron Nelson.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Same here in RI, maybe a few degrees colder. Where do you play in NY? I've seen a few courses driving through on the highway. I'd hate to try to get on one of those though. You up for Bethpage next year?
icon10.gif

I've only been playing for 3 months now so the only course I've played (5 times) is Douglaston Golf Course (http://www.golfnyc.com/douglaston/index.html) It's a par 67, considered "easy" for those seasoned goflers. For me though, it's a great challenge.

I'm definitely down for Bethpage next year. I was supposed to go play Bethpage Red just 1 month after picking up this game but re-slipped the disc in my lower back.

There are a couple of others in the area, like Clearview Golf Course and Kissena and Eisenhower Park in Long Island. Thinking about trying out Clearview this saturday.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I've only been playing for 3 months now so the only course I've played (5 times) is Douglaston Golf Course (http://www.golfnyc.com/douglaston/index.html) It's a par 67, considered "easy" for those seasoned goflers. For me though, it's a great challenge.

I'm definitely down for Bethpage next year. I was supposed to go play Bethpage Red just 1 month after picking up this game but re-slipped the disc in my lower back.

There are a couple of others in the area, like Clearview Golf Course and Kissena and Eisenhower Park in Long Island. Thinking about trying out Clearview this saturday.

Looks pretty easy, no doglegs and I would terrorize those par 5's.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
WBL, I just got an e-mail from Pine Needles in Southern Pines, NC (next door to Ft, Bragg): $79 for 18 holes, including cart & range balls, good through Jan 31, 2007.

Come on down here! :D

SiberianDVM

This year I might do something like that in February or March. I'll have all five weeks paid vacation (burned one for family Disneyworld trip this year) plus the 2-3 weeks company vacation we get. But let's do some around Atlanta!! It's probably warmer anyway!

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
6" of snow here in southwest Denver... even got below zero Wednesday night. Another cold front due tonight, but no significant snow with this one. But here in Colorado, it could be 60° by mid week.... or we could see a foot of snow. It's always "wait and see", and don't trust any forecast that tries to predict more than about 4 days out.... and even 4 days is about a coin toss.:confused:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.