• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

December 1st - 16"+ blizzard in Wisconsin

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've only been playing for 3 months now so the only course I've played (5 times) is Douglaston Golf Course (http://www.golfnyc.com/douglaston/index.html) It's a par 67, considered "easy" for those seasoned goflers. For me though, it's a great challenge.

I'm definitely down for Bethpage next year. I was supposed to go play Bethpage Red just 1 month after picking up this game but re-slipped the disc in my lower back.

There are a couple of others in the area, like Clearview Golf Course and Kissena and Eisenhower Park in Long Island. Thinking about trying out Clearview this saturday.

I only checked out a few holes, must be more par 3's than 5's?? Looks decent though, no bull$hit holes. I hate it when I course tries to squeeze in stupid 90 degree 300yd. par 4's just to make it over par 70.

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
So far no snow here in South West Ontario. Thursday/Friday we had a lot of rain. Likely close to 2-3 inches. I did not check my rain pot!
The winds this afternoon, well let's just say it was a 4 club wind! Blow the nuts off the bridge :)
Tempature yesterday morning was 14C, by 6PM it was 4C. Made it up to 10C today then started dropping.
We're hoping to sneak one more round in tomorrow!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
35 mph winds. It's nasty and has snuffed out any hope I had of any more golf this year. I've just plowed my driveway (snowblower) and one hour later there's more snow on it then when I started. Geez :dead:

Been there.
Done that.
Hated it.
Moved to Florida.

Why then , when I play 12 months out the year, do I still suck at golf?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Been there.
Done that.
Hated it.
Moved to Florida.

Why then , when I play 12 months out the year, do I still suck at golf?

Eracer

Because you don't get that four month "break" away from golf to clear your head of all the bad swing thoughts!! (We have to rationalize this misery somehow)....:)

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Blizzard here today. Weather channel says to expect less than 1/2 inch of snow.
I guess they dont look ourside at all, because my van is missing and the snow in my driveway is a foot high already.

SOB

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
WBL, I just got an e-mail from Pine Needles in Southern Pines, NC (next door to Ft, Bragg): $79 for 18 holes, including cart & range balls, good through Jan 31, 2007.

Come on down here! :D

I can be there in 2 hours. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I guess they dont look ourside at all, because my van is missing and the snow in my driveway is a foot high already.

SOB

The weather channel? Is that the channel where they throw darts at a dart board with temperatures and precip levels randomly placed on it?

Ya, it's the same way here. Supposedly it was gonna be -7 today. It's currently -26.:rolleyes:

Close. I mean, at least they predicted that it would be below zero.

Idiots.

R35

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

SOB

They are weather REPORTERS, not weather FORECASTERS!!!! They can look out their windows and tell us what it is doing but, even with the marvels of modern science, cannot tell us what it is going to do.

I work in an extremely weather sensitive profession. I have 4 different weather radars that are constantly running on computers in my office. Usually, all 4 never show the same thing happening... and this is radar that should be "looking out the window". We have been sitting in pouring rain when all 4 radars show nothing over us. Likewise, crews have continued to work all day when 2 or 3 or those radars show rain on top of us. Go figure...

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
We have about 6" of snow, but it's -40 with the windchill.

R35

Is that that funny º C or normal º F ? I mean -40º F is cold. -40º C is only about 10º F. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Perfect oppurtunity to nestle up to a fire with some cocoa, a blanket, and Razor.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Winter has finally arrived here. Little snow this morning and the temp had to be about 33*. Hopefully I get some warm socks and more long-johns for X-mas. Not even snow will stop me. I know a course where they plow 12 holes and charge like $10 all you can handle.
icon10.gif
I have a mean explosion shot out of the snow banks.

🔥 Latest posts