• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Deep Red II Irons.

colourblindchameleon

Feb 16, 2007
Has anyone used/owned a set of Wilson Deep Red II irons? Recently I invested in a used set having previously owned a set of standard Wilson Fatshafts. The Fatshafts were good, but they would sometimes jar on impact even off well struck shots.

The newer (2004) Deep Red II`s were/are supposed to have a softer strike. Having recently used them, they do indeed definitely feel softer and even allowing for the `jacked` lofts they do hit the ball a long way, and accurately too!

The only complaint I have is that by jacking the lofts the distance between the PW and S`Wedge is quite large. I didn`t realise they made a gap wedge for the set to counter this problem, and the local stockist laughed when I enquired about buying the missing club. He said they no longer make the matching gap wedge despite the fact that the irons are only 3 years old! Whereas I never had trouble ordering individual Ping irons before.

So if anyone knows where I could source a Wilson Deep Red II gap wedge (regular steel shaft) then I`d be grateful. Because despite their modest price, I think I might be happy with these irons for some time to come, and I`m curious as to anyone else`s experience of using these irons!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I used the Fat Shaft II set for a while and liked them quite a bit. I haven't played anything else by Wilson though as of then. Just like my current set too much to bother!

As for the gap wedge... check ebay. You'll have a very good chance at finding something. I'd check for you but I'm in the middle of something

(so why am I on a golf message board in the first place!)

If they work, stick with them. Good luck!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.