• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Deer Hunting in Texas

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
They call the county I live in The Deer Capital of Texas and I have no reason to doubt it.

This is how easy it would be for me. Replace the camera in my right hand with a hammer and Bang! Venison for dinner. She's pretty ugly but easy pickin. :hunter:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice fawn.

I hit one with my car about 4 years ago. It was dying in the ditch, so I choked it out, ended it's misery. That was tough, but the right thing to do.

You feedin it cheese? That'll bung it up something awful. :p

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Dave,

Please, this is sick. Shut it down while you still have some morals. :p

http://www.live-shot.com/

R35

It was cheez it's, she'll eat about anything. We have to keep our garage door closed or she goes in looking for the dog food. This morning I was leaving for my morning run and walk out the kitchen door and almost run into her. She was standing about three feet from the door looking in the window.

As soon as she has her baby she'll go her own way again. This is the third year she has returned. Most of the year we only see her once or twice a week.

I hadn't seen that live shot crap until this week. There is a bill being sponsored right now to make it illegal. Uneffenbelievable what some people think up.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
"You too can kill a defenseless animal in the comfort of your own home. "

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Great idea!

Dudes, the applications are endless. For example, you have the death penalty in Texas, yes Dave? Run a lottery, and the winner can execute the prisoner from the comfort of their own PC, or their TV using x-box! And forget the lethal injection thing, way too boring. You could pattern it after any number of video games. Making up a huge steel pac man with razor-sharp teeth comes to mind. Have the accused run through a maze as you chase after him/her with the pac man battle bot! And just think of the live action! We can do it on TV, and sell spots! Couldn't make it too tough for the prisoner, cause we'd need to get a good 24 minutes out of them before the coup de grace....

Then there's the merchandising, the inevitable cartoon spin offs for the kids. Man, we could make a mint! ;)

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
LOL! Be careful where you print that idea, someone will try to do it. :biglol:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Way ahead of you.... :p

Belated, but nice work on the century mark with the posts, D.

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Way ahead of you.... :p

Belated, but nice work on the century mark with the posts, D.

R35

Thanks, what do I get. Oh wait... I bet it's a lunch box huh? ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You can have the thong Sling sent me for 2000.

I'm juuuust about done with it. Yep, juuuust about. :p

R35

Fr0zen

Mar 31, 2005
I can't stand hunting sorry, my soft side just wouldn't let me kill an innocent animal for sport. If it was food and I was starving then yes, but not just for fun. I think the worse thing is seeing the poor animals suffer.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Fr0zen said:
I can't stand hunting sorry, my soft side just wouldn't let me kill an innocent animal for sport. If it was food and I was starving then yes, but not just for fun. I think the worse thing is seeing the poor animals suffer.

No worries, I don't really hunt either. The deer in the pic has become a fixture at our house for last few years. She's almost as spoiled as our dogs. :)

longiron

May 2, 2005
Fr0zen said:
Not to start something here but i am a hunter and feel i need to justify it after Rocks link and your post. First that is not hunting, second i eat everything i kill. There is no greater death for an animal then to starve to death. With no real predators that is what would happen. And Dave if you need help with those deer bothering you let me know i will be there with bow in hand;)

Members online

No members online now.