• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Demo Day review from Faldo center in orlando

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
This past saturday i got the opportunity to stop in at the Faldo school in Orlando where my college buddy is the head clubfitter there. they had a demo going on at the range and happened to take a look. Here are some of my thoughts:

Wilson - yes wilson, i tried for the first time a 64* wedge that was fun to do. They actually make some beautiful wedges and had a forged iron that was sweet to hit. But those wedges are sharp - not sure if they will be legal next year but they had a great look and feel to em.

Mizuno - never been a big mizuno fan personally but i did look at their wedges with a fancy new groove. not bad, looked like a classic mizuno.

taylormade - got to finally hit the r9 and r9 460. both fantastic feeling and looking heads. i hit the crap out of them, wish there was a launch monitor. also got to hit the r9 tp heads. and honestly im glad i have the r7 tp heads. they had a topline that resembled the hogan edge from back in the day. too high a profile near the hosel for my liking. the head was too big looking for me even if its the same small size (if that makes sense)

nike - they had all the old equipment because they are introducing new drivers 2/1 ad 3/1. ugly loud typical nike.

callaway - i kept walking by, nothing new, (great review huh lol sorry)

adams - final tent on the range, i was looking forward to trying out their black box hybrids and their weight port adjustable black smoke tour heads. the shaft in the black box hybrids didnt match me but i thought they looked great. then the guy handed me a game improvement hybrid with a better shaft and i hit the snot out of it. though i didnt like the shape. the irons were nothing but gold ole fashion pureness. a very thin looking blade back to front, a high profile but for some reason it didnt bother me as much as the new r9's might have been the way the top line was rolled off. it was gorgeous and i would definitely play them.

Michael

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.