• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Demo Fun

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Well twofast and I were in agreement that it was pretty much the worst driver we'd ever hit. I hit it 5 times and registered a high speed of 98mph. Considering I hit a J33 7iron and registered 92, there's no place for it in my bag.
icon10.gif
I wouldn't buy it for $99, nevermind $499. To each there own though and the guys that know me know that's an honest assessment. I've owned every TM driver since the 360XD and most of them 2-3 times. Never had anything but a TM in the bag but I'm just not impressed by that one. They'd better come out with something better for mid to low cappers and harder/faster swingers or they're going to lose sales IMO.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Well they didn't quite say that this is what they said and I quote "This club is very light (only 45 grams) so you don't have to kill the ball off the tee. A smooth swing will do the trick"
EZ I don't think they will lose sales because there is many people who like the CGB max

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Well they didn't quite say that this is what they said and I quote "This club is very light (only 45 grams) so you don't have to kill the ball off the tee. A smooth swing will do the trick"
EZ I don't think they will lose sales because there is many people who like the CGB max

i agree. lot of people will buy it and will like it. it's just not the best driver for me or ez. well, there's no perfect driver for ez.

however, i would confidently say that there will be a dent in TM driver market once ez sticks w/ callaway. hahaha.. i thought ez should have a sponsorship by now... :laugh:

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Ha ha nice Callaway Sponsorship how awesome would that be?
I know I've only hit one Taylor Made driver before and it was the TM r7 draw. I loved the sound it made when you made contact. As a matter of fact I did buy only to realize that I sliced it worst than my other driver, needless to say I brought it back. :( I wanna try the r5 but it has been discontinued and I would have to order it off Golfsmith or something.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
If you go up to the top of the page and click on "proshop" you'll find Global Golf. They'll have a crapload of R5's in good used condition for cheap.

Speaking of a sponsorship....
icon10.gif

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
as far as the CGB max goes the store that i visit often got two in and there still there. they have had them sense they come out and they have went no where. the face is way to closed looking IMO. i will say that the fastest selling clubs i saw in there this year was the burners and the dare i say it G10.:) when the G10 first got to the store they where gone it was like the wii for golf LOL

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
Rock, you could've have either one of MG's two 8.5 degree FT-i's that he's had this year! hahaha :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It's been done. I ordered a 9.5* FTi tour neutral with the 686stiff from Callaway pre owned. It's in "good" condition and comes with the headcover. Hopefully it hits fairways, not trash cans. :laugh:

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
It's been done. I ordered a 9.5* FTi tour neutral with the 686stiff from Callaway pre owned. It's in "good" condition and comes with the headcover. Hopefully it hits fairways, not trash cans. :laugh:

or in hands of another hacker.. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.