• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

demo'd scotty vs black series

kelvinsense

degen gambler
May 9, 2008
Went to the local store and demo'd

scotty cameron newport studio style
odyssey black series #2
black series i #7

I really wanted to like the scotty the most, but I loved the black series #2 (no insert). The backweighting might have been the biggest reason. I loved every single putt and was just amazed.

Any others I should demo next time?
Also, does anyone know the difference between the #1 and #2. (black series no insert)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The #2 is more squared (in terms of shape) while the #1 is more rounded. Same putter, basically.

R35

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
aussie rife is also a nice affordable putter. anser putters are solid like WBL said. i have one myself, the karsten 8802 cu putter...

shw_1979

Apr 3, 2008
Maybe you should try the new oddesey white hot tour series... I have the rossie putter and for me, it got the feel of black series insert with cheaper price. The weight is good as well... almost the same as black series, good balance......

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The milled (non crappy white insert) black series putters are the best feeling putters ever made imo. They make my Scotty sudio stainless feel like a chunck of rock. The roll they put on the ball is also second to none. These really need to be tried to be believed.

OP
K

kelvinsense

degen gambler
May 9, 2008
The milled (non crappy white insert) black series putters are the best feeling putters ever made imo. They make my Scotty sudio stainless feel like a chunck of rock. The roll they put on the ball is also second to none. These really need to be tried to be believed.

I'm starting to think we agree on many, many things. I'm looking for the 33" black series #2 on the bay and elsewhere now.

... Bettinardi putters also have caught my eye but I have nowhere to demo it and hope I won't have to confuse my head more.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.