• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Demo'ed some drivers

tdaniels

Pro Club Tosser
Nov 6, 2005
I got to a couple of golf shops last week and got to demo several drivers.
I just hit into the nets so I really didnt get to see ballflight any but really got a feel for some nice sticks.

I tried out the R7 460, R5, Ping G5 and G2, and the Launcher 460.

I didnt really care for the TMs. I thought the R7 sounded kinda dead. The G2 and G5 felt very much like the same club with a different look. The G2 had a NV-65 in it which I liked. Both the Tms and Pings seemed to have closed heads at address which I do not like.

Then I got to the Launcher 460, last years model with a stiff Launcher Gold shaft. This blew all the others away IMHO! The feel and sound of this beauty was amazing. I couldnt imagine that the 06 could be even better feeling.

Both stores had a used in stock but one had the shaft cut down and the other had a R flex. So e-bay here I come! I just wish I had the patience to wait for the 06's to drop in price a little and pick up a used one but people dont seem to want to part with them.

I wish someone could convince my wife to let me have atleast a $300 driver allowance. She thinks I spend to much damn money on this stupid game. I didnt even demo the Exotics just because I didnt want to get stuck on it.

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
i got the 06 one....9.5 reg flex shaft for 160 off of ebay....brand new with headcover...its pretty cheap.....id say go for it

OP
tdaniels

tdaniels

Pro Club Tosser
Nov 6, 2005
I currently hit a cheap Mega Bear 450 driver with 10* loft. I hit this pretty high. I would like to drop down some but would an 8.5* Launcher be too big of a step. I have heard that the launchers hit pretty high, yes?

🔥 Latest posts