• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Destroyed by the fairer sex on the course

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Last Friday, took a quick beach holiday. After the first school term is over, we get a three day weekend and we drove to Destin FL which is about 4.5 hours away. Checked kids out of school at noon and were there for cocktail hour....I took my clubs but had no firm plans.

Several families were staying in the same condos we were in - including one of my daughter's friends. Both of her parents are good players but I have never played a round with either of them.

Without boring the group with mindless details, I ended up playing with her friend's mom and brother (14yo). We played at Kelly Plantation which is a Fred Couples Signature course...

http://www.kellyplantation.com/golfcourse.asp

This is a first class facility. Marshal's swarming it - keeping up the pace. GPS on the carts provide realtime updates of NFL scores and also track the distance between your cart and the carts in front of you. No way you can ever hit into anyone...

We hit balls and tee off. I am playing at 6500 yards with the kid and mom is playing at 5100 yards. (I have played with women so little I did not even know the typical distance for women's tees).

I hit a nice 3 wood on the first as my driver has been wayward of late. Got her out there about 250ish with the Sonartec. Fairways are nice and dry and rolling well. Sonny hit a good one too and now we drive up 60 yards for mom's shot.

She strides out there with her Cobra 460cc 9.5 with a 45" Aldila NV shaft and knocks it down the middle about 210. As we pull up to the balls on the fairway, I note that I have been outdriven.

She and I finish with bogeys on the first and sonny has a routine par. Pars all around on the second as well.

In the next few holes, we come up on a par 3 that plays 170 from the men's tees and about 110 from the women's. I hit six iron to about 15 feet but cannot tell exactly how close because you could see only the top 4 feet of the pin from the tee.

Mom gets up there and hits one that is simply pouring down onto the pin. We drive up greenside and get out.

Her ball is two inches away. Less than the diameter of two balls. Kick in birdie.

I humbly two putt from 17 feet.

"Nice par!" she says...

And so it goes. I am spraying the ball like a pest control man working in a building of cockroaches and she belts it right down the middle - EVERY effing time.

On number nine, she lies in the front bunker in two. Has a decent lie and holes the shot for her second birdie of the side.

I finish 7 over. On one hole, my ball flew into a vertical bunker face. I could see only 15 dimples of the ball surface and foolishly tried to hit it out. After taking a huge swing - the ball seemed to disappear from the planet. I figured what happened and dug around in the bunker with my fingers and found it under two inches of sand. Took an uplayable at that point and dropped it back in the bunker. I hit out and laid six on the green before two jamming for a snowman.

The backside was more of the same. Mom is straight down the gut 210 every damn time. Bravo is left and right, seeing all of the course, including a gator or two...

She finishes with a sparkling 77 matching her five index. Bravo shuffles home with an 86...

When you are a playa - you are a playa....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Two notes to take from this.

1) Glad to see you grabbed the 3 wood. Her 210 driver was still kicking your sorry ass all day. A 225 3 wood down the pipe will smoke a wayward driver everyday, and twice on Sunday. Take the straight club everytime, not the longest one.

2) Don't ever let another person's stature or sex impede on your game, or you're dead. "How can she be kicking my ass?" How about "how come I am playing so shitty?"

Good story B. 86 is still good for a course you've never played before.

She hot? :D

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great post...and I did not look at the round that way. Frankly it was really just another round of golf for the most part. I never really looked at it like she was kicking my butt. To say she is well mannered is an understatement and she was never cocky about how she was playing. A good golfer is a good golfer and dammit she is one regardless of her gender.

The other part that will not amaze anyone is the language, mannerisms and ettiquette of golf are basically the same - whether you have played a ton of times with someone or not. We might as well have played 100 rounds together. So in this regard, even though I did not shoot well, I had my "usual good time regardless of my score".

No she is not hot - but she wasn't bad either. Her kids are triplets so she has her hands full at home. Husband provides well for her and I'll bet she plays 150 rounds a year - so she definitely has plenty of experience with it...

Gawd could you imagine having her in a Scramble?!?! I am not kidding when I said she hit 14 fairways. She did. So let her hit from the ladies tees and you have the equivalent of a 260-280 yard tee shot on every hole. She hits first and then you can stand back and grip it and rip it...good putter...fricking everything for that matter...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
One of the sales reps who calls on me is a very nice looking lady in her late 30s, about 5'10 & 125 lbs. And she plays golf, as I found out last month. :) Married, though. :(

Anyway, we are supposed to play next Wednesday afternoon, on MY course. I'll let you know how bad she smokes me. :)

Hmmm, shoud I play with the CFTs or the blades?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
You could have mumbled something about girly tees,but that would have been a big rude.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Man or woman or I enjoy playing with people like that. Their consistency usually manages to rub off on me a little and it ends up helping my game.

We don't have any women that good but we have a few old guys like that. 220 down the middle every time. They're always very good about saying nice drive when I get one past them and I'm always good about saying nice par or birdie when they win the hole.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
DaveE

You could be as consistent as them,its a one word secret

short

Go on,try it,take some length off,you will be more consistent but you will unfortunately need some professional help because you will have feelings of a girly-man.

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
First of all, I'm very envious about you just playing Destin FL. I was there a couple of times for a user's conference. What an awesome resort area!

:shark:

My favorite course there (so far) is Burnt Pine. In fact, it's my favorite golf course so far period. I played 36 there...the second 18 was $10. I'm glad we asked how much a reround would be hehe. It was off season (November/December, maybe).

Good lord what a course and it was in immaculate condition!

I also enjoyed the courses right by the hotels, but the condition wasn't great except for 9 holes because that course had just been sold and another 9 was going to be added. The condition was night and day for this nine and all other 9's there.

As for getting beat, you were beat by a low handicapper playing the red tees so it's no so bad hehe. She could have probably given you a lot of competition from the same tees.

I once played with a lady that was playing from the tips (blue tees). This was not a short course, either. I don't know what she scored, but do remember that she could hit a pretty long drive.

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
Ah, Bravo....

You were only about 1Hr. & 15 minutes from Bonifay. You should have called..... I would have came down and let you pay for my green fees and I would have played. My wife would kill me if she saw one of the Destin Courses on my credit cards. Hence the reason, I get to play around here.....

They just built a new course outside Freeport, Fl, which is about 20 minutes from Destin and it looks incredible...... Windswept Dunes.
http://www.windsweptdunes.com/

By the way, I got my new King Cobra 460 SZ 9* from Edwin Watts down there in Destin. Freaking sweet. The forgiveness is critically awesome. Very under-rated club.... Kept me in the fairway long enough to shoot my best ever 75....
:usflag:

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I was in Destin myself running an attorney's conference a couple of weeks back. Played Emerald Bay and Bluewater Bay, both decent tracks. Wish I'd known about Burnt Pine. And I can't afford Kelly Plantation, although I was told it is the class of Destin.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Massimo said:
Ah, Bravo....

You were only about 1Hr. & 15 minutes from Bonifay. You should have called..... I would have came down and let you pay for my green fees and I would have played. My wife would kill me if she saw one of the Destin Courses on my credit cards. Hence the reason, I get to play around here.....

They just built a new course outside Freeport, Fl, which is about 20 minutes from Destin and it looks incredible...... Windswept Dunes.
http://www.windsweptdunes.com/

By the way, I got my new King Cobra 460 SZ 9* from Edwin Watts down there in Destin. Freaking sweet. The forgiveness is critically awesome. Very under-rated club.... Kept me in the fairway long enough to shoot my best ever 75....
:usflag:

This is the driver she has. Dammit, it really makes you want to get one.

I will check out windswept dunes next time I am passing through...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
This is the driver she has. Dammit, it really makes you want to get one.

I will check out windswept dunes next time I am passing through...

Bravo, I've had that driver for a few months and they are very forgiving. When you get in the mood to look they are at least worth a try.

Just don't hit it around dave, he'll throw a fit. :p

🔥 Latest posts