• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DG Lite vs DG SL

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Thinking about switching to a lighter weight shaft in my irons. it gets tiring on the back 9 swinging the S400's. Thinking of either the DG Lite or the DG superlite. From what I can tell the only difference is about 3-4g weight. Has anybody tried or use currently either of these shafts? What has your experience been? Thanks All!!!

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
others would know better (lyle), but I think dg sl, are supposed to swingweight like the original and have similar launch

I haven't tried the Lite shafts, but I think they're mid launch?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The DG lites are a mid bend point shaft, they also have a softer tip than the normal DG shafts. They tend to play soft to flex and hit the ball quite high. These will swing weight roughly 2-3 points lower than a normal weight shaft.

The DG SL's are a high bend point, very stiff tip shaft. They play every bit as stiff as the normal DG's if not stiffer. The are also designed to swingweight exactly like shafts weighing 20-30 more. The also have a lower ballflight, again I thinks its lower than the original DG's.

Hope this helps.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The DG lites are a mid bend point shaft, they also have a softer tip than the normal DG shafts. They tend to play soft to flex and hit the ball quite high. These will swing weight roughly 2-3 points lower than a normal weight shaft.

The DG SL's are a high bend point, very stiff tip shaft. They play every bit as stiff as the normal DG's if not stiffer. The are also designed to swingweight exactly like shafts weighing 20-30 more. The also have a lower ballflight, again I thinks its lower than the original DG's.

Hope this helps.

Thats perfect actually, I just reshafted one of my irons with the DG SL and really really like the feel of it. THought if I could get the DG lites for a steal they would play similar, guess not. I think I will be going for the SL's. Thanks Lyle!!

🔥 Latest posts