• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did anyone else see Vijay cheat on Sunday??

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I agree with Augster on this too. Seems to me like he was practicing in a like hazard...

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
As long as it isn't the same bunker he is allowed to do it. It was a different bunker too, they showed something on that late in the PGA tour season last year.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Did know oneread the rule from the rule book, he didn't break the rules, but a good subject to talk about, welcome Augster!

R

RocklandGolf

It all depends on who has the better lawyers I tell you! "If the sand shifts, you must aquit".

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
PGA & PHONE CALLS

bdcrowe said:
First, you have spent how much energy trying to rat on some dude for what MAY be a violation? You seriously need a new hobby. Second, it was not a rules violation since (follow this closely) HE HAD ALREADY PLAYED A SHOT AND CLEARED HIS BALL FROM BUNKER A. How can anyone consider his swings as testing the sand if he had already played from that sand?

I don't mean to be a prick or disrespectful, but you guys who spend all this energy looking for and reporting infractions need to get a life. The gestapo was disbanned 60 years ago. Your time has passed. There are fully compitent rules officials on-site. If you want attention, spend your time practicing and get on tour.

I hope Vijay finds out who you are and follows you around your job for a while. "He clocked in 1 minute late!" "He just put a paperclip in his pocket!" "He left the frie in while the fryer was beeping!!!"

And hey... Welcome to the board! ;)

I am with you on this one bdcrowe. I find it hard to fathom that someone watching a PGA event on TV can call in a violation of any type. PGA Tour Players know the rules and if they have any questions regarding a drop etc they ask for a ruling. People who sit and watch for rules violations need to get a life.

I still shake my head at the ruling made against STADS when he knelt on the towel to keep his pants from getting dirty. Building a stance, give me a break. How the hell is being on your knees under a tree called a stance!
Then there was Zinger rolling a rock over in the hazard, and two years ago in the BCO in Hamilton when his caddy pulled the flagstick out of the hole as Freddy Funk's chip shot rolled across the green. Zinger was zapped on that one. Now that ruling has changed, and it was mostly due to that call.

Hey I am not saying let's all go out and cheat, but some of the rules need refining or a better wording. Let's all be honest here, some of the Official Rules are pretty confusing, even to PRO's who play for a living.

I emailed the Rules Official at the RGCA regarding this matter and The Master listed the correct ruling. Veej had played his ball out of the bunker he was standing in, so there was no violation.

If you don't like Veej then that is fine by me. Hell he was charred years ago for supposedly doctoring his scorecard. So I suppose he is not well liked by all. That's fine, but do not try ratting the guy out. If he was in violation of the rules do you not think his playing partners would point that out to him? Afterall that is money out of their pockets at the end of the day.

My opinions, no one other than a rules official or playing partners should be involved in any rulings. Plain and simple.

JMO

AND BE SURE NOT TO OVER COOK THOSE FRIES:) CAUSE THE BIG FRY GUY IN THE SKY MIGHT BE WATCHING YA!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
:) Yah I was just cooking some balls of the tee with my new driver, master vintage is back this new shaft has worked wonders my drives and as bold as you caps lock in just about every post. :)

🔥 Latest posts