• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did i become a golfer?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Well, the past two rounds ive played, i have either gotten really lucky, or things are starting to come together. First, yesterday on the 10th hole par 3, where the green is protected by water to the front and a large hill with many ledges, holes, and stumps to the left, i put my tee shot just left of the green rolling it down the bottom of the hill and lipping out of the cup. Then that same round, on the par 3 18th, i put my tee shot directly over the pin, drew it back about a foot and a half, and the ball sat on the edge of the cup.
Today, on a long par 5 (565 i believe) i came away with an eagle. The drive, 300 yards drawing to the center of the fairway, then a 5iron shot downhill about 220. This set me up for a 40-50 yard sand wedge approach, that i bounced twice on the green, and rolled in for the eagle.

The scores werent great, 81 for yesterday and a 39 for today. But, i am very happy with my uh "close encounters of the third kind" as well as my putting, which averaged 1.8 putts per green for the two days.

Thanks for listening to me drunken ramble :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'll say yes. Those sound like some great shots and congrats on the eagle. I'm still looking for mine.

🔥 Latest posts