• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Didn't play to bad.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Well as I do every Sunday I went out and played golf with my grandpa at one of my favorite courses. Normally i start off with and uncharcteristic 7 on the first hole but yesterday something was different. The first hole is a 362 yard par 4 not hard by any means (or shouldn't be) I decided against hitting my driver as I mine as well throw the ball than hitting it with my driver. So I hit the only wood I have confidence in my 5 wood. There are two big bunkers on the first hole lining the fairway about 250 yards from the tee. The ideal position because it is a dogleg right is to position your tee shot between the bunkers. I lined up and hit it nice and sweet right where I aimed but about 25 yards short of the bunkers because i only hit a 5 wood which a 225yd 5 wood isnt too bad. So I had to bend my next shot around a large oak tree to get to the green. I pulled out my 8 iron from about 135 away almost perfect distance I hit it and sure enough it started bending around the tree but bent a little too much and caught the backside of the tree. So it landed about 25 yards short of the green I chipped a sand wedge to about 15 feet I got an unlucky bounce (damn pro v1) and 1 putted for par. I then had atleast a par putt on every hole most of the time it was a birdie putt but I still ended up shooting a 7 over 42 because of my putting I had only two pars on the nine (its a par 35) and 7 bogeys. Okay now to my point is there anyway I can improve my putting? Right now i have an Oddeysey Dual Force 990 and I like it and dont have the funds for a new putter at the moment as I am saving for an R7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

🔥 Latest posts