• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diet - For REAL this time!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
OK so I didn't go on a diet as planned a few months ago. But I did officially start in the beginning of August!

July 28: 273
August 11: 264

Next weigh in August 25. Weigh myself every 2 weeks.

Basically my diet now consists 1500 calories a day. Protein shake for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and sometimes an evening snack. My snacks generally include 1 serving of lunch meat, or a piece of fruit, or even those little "100 calorie packs" of crackers, chips, cookies, whatever. I find those little packs really help... I can have sweets or stuff that really isn't "health" food, but the 100 cal pack really helps me portion it and not sit and eat 4 pounds of cookies. :p Saturday is a "bonus" day where I can have 2000-2500 calories. So there I can pretty much eat what I want... but I still regulate the calories so I don't go on a 6k cal binge ;p

I've also found a great web site that helps you track you calories throughout the day. They've got about every meal you could possibly think of there. Really handy for seeing what you've had and what you can have for the rest of the day. The Daily Plate | LIVESTRONG.COM

We have a tradclimber that I do 20-25 minutes on at least 4 times a week, and I walk every other round of golf. Walking the course is still a little rough on my knees and ankles because of my weight, but I'll get there. Getting a pull-cart really helped.

I can almost literally feel the weight peeling off. I feel great, and my pants are starting to fit better. Now that I've got into a routine I'm really motivated and will get the pounds off.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I thought you were dieting all this time! Cheater!!!! :D

Yeah I didn't :(

I need to get back on it myself. :(

wtf!

awww.slapupsidethehead.com_wp_content_media_2008_02_pot_and_kettle.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Good luck slick!

I really hope you goet down to the weight you are looking for!

My dad was diagnosed with diabetes and they gave him a diet and he went to some classes, he has lost TONS of weight simply from the diet they gave him(and only drinking two beers when he goes to the bar instead of 20...)

The amount of energy you get just from loosing weight is worth it, let alone all the other physical and medical advantages there are!

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Thanks! I'd like to get down around 215-210 area. Any less than that I think I'd start to look too small. I don't want to be "skinny" by any means.

Oh yeah that's another thing... I never was a BIG drinker... but I've had to cut out the beer :( I probably only averaged a 12 pack every 2 weeks... but still... I miss my beer! Now I just have to settle for a couple beers on Saturday lol

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
good luck with your diet.

i havent been dieting but have cut back on eating.(part of it being working 60+ hrs a week for 2 months) checked in the other day at 301 down from 323 a couple months ago.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think 1500cals a day is way too little for most people and could have a huge impact in yur health. How tall are you? Weight? Age?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good luck with the diet. Just make sure you get enough. Basically your body can sort of "panic" and store as much fat as it can if you eat too little. It'll think it's starving to death.

I'm out on the diet thing. I weighed in at a whopping 147.5lbs. this morning.
icon10.gif

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
1500 calories? Unless you are like 4'9 that's way too little. If you are losing weight without exercising, most likely it's unhealthy.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
If you are losing weight without exercising, most likely it's unhealthy.

Not necissarily, say a person is used to eating 5k/day if he dropped that to 2500/day at the same activity rate he would lose weight...

Ezra's right(at least from waht i know) the body will start storing fat quickly if it feels its malnurished. Its a natural survival technique. Still have to eat, just make sure those calories are heatlhy calories.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
1500 calories? Unless you are like 4'9 that's way too little. If you are losing weight without exercising, most likely it's unhealthy.

I'm intaking somewhere around 1500-1700 a day. I'm 6'1", 264(as of last weigh day) and I'm 30 years old. I do some form of exercise every day. Be it 20-25 minutes on the treadclimber(resistance 6, 2.1 MPH.. keep heart rate around 125-130) or walk the course. Sometimes both. The thing about it is, I feel like I eat all day long, I just really watch what it is. I have at least 5 scheduled times every day when I have something to eat, sometimes 6 if I feel like having an evening snack. I think I'm losing weight pretty fast... but I feel great... tons of energy, etc.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Im currently doing the same thing. After a full year of binge drinking, heavy drug use and overall lathargicness, I feel it is time to grow up.
1500 calories a day is rediculous. At your weight, you can most likely lose 2lbs/week with something like 2600. Im only 220 and will lose 2lbs/week at 2400. I find its actually hard to even get to that number with no alchohol, junk, empty calories. I am also feeling great, I now do 30 mins cardio before breakfast, then workout with circuit training followed by either more cardio or swimming laps for 30 mins. Overall, im happier now. My next goal is to quit smoking. One mountain at a time :)

ps- best of luck mate! keep us updated.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Good luck with the diet. Just make sure you get enough. Basically your body can sort of "panic" and store as much fat as it can if you eat too little. It'll think it's starving to death.

I'm out on the diet thing. I weighed in at a whopping 147.5lbs. this morning.
icon10.gif

that has allways been my main problem i still am guilty of it from time to time.
i always used to wait till i started to feel sick from hunger before i would eat.my cousin told me a few yrs ago that me and his father are the same.like bears we dont eat till were starved.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I was diagnosed with diabetes (glucose level 140) two years ago and given a diet that mainly was no sugar and no potatoes, white bread, regular pasta etc and I lost 50 lbs. in nine months eating enough to be satisfied. It was just melting off. I've kind of been stuck at the same weight for the last few months because I've fudged a little bit but glucose level is still out of diabetes range (over 100) and I'm doing good. :)

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Today's weigh in: 258

So 14 pounds in the last 4 weeks. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.