• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

difference between seniors and ladies flex?

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
still looking for irons for my GF, and I got to try out a set of cleveland TA5's today, and I thought they were wickid.. anyways, there is no womens sets of cleveland on ebay, but what would be the difference in swing speed for a senior mens shaft.. Andrea is 5"10, so mabye a bit taller then the avg woman, So I think the lentgh of the clubs would be fine.. She hits her ladies ERC Fusion 11" just under 200, mabye 210 I guess... she's pretty good though in my eyes. :)..

looking forward to a few opinions.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Usually, ladies shafts are more flex than senior, and the club's swingweight is lighter.
But the difference in flex is dismal...

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
If she's hitting it out near 200 with the big dog, senior flex could be pretty right for her. Don't bother with uniflex, its a misnomer. Uniflex is generally a mens firm which is not what you're looking for at all.

OP
H

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Thanks.... I almost won a set of Cleveland TA5 Graphite Senior for her for $125US... but my damn internet connection wasn't working well enough at the time.... I didn't have time to place my bid... I guess patience is gona be important to get a good set for her, either way they wont be here in time for our annual game back in PEI with my Dad.

Chris..

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
halifax_golfer said:
what about uniflex?.

Uniflex is a shaft for all swing speeds. It adapts to the slower speeds to give better trajectory and distance and at higher swing speeds, it buckles down and plays like a stiff. Pretty cool, actually.

Callaway has them in their steel shafted fairway woods and I can hit them just as well as my Dad who hits his drives 200 on a good day.

R35

🔥 Latest posts