• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Digital Cameras

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
My wife and I are in the market for a new digital camera after our Sony bit the dust. Anyone have any recommendations for a small, light-weight, easy to use digital camera we can use for snapshot purposes?

Thanks in advance.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
There are a zillion good cameras out there right now for all different needs and purposes.

You won't get any better advice though than at Steve's Digicams. That site is pretty much the internet bible for digital cameras, full of good and practical advice and buying information.

I bought a Kodak Easyshare C875 based on their review and listing on their "Best Camera" list. It's a great point 'n shoot and works well for me.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just bought a Canon Elph SD900. It's extremely solid and takes wonderful pictures. I had a Leica lens Panasonic before, and it was very good as well. A friend has a Minolta, and loves it.

As you can see, sky's the limit.

If you're interested in doing research on camera's that have been reviewed on various sites, check out Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ for spec comparisons and user reviews. I think CNET has a good camera section as well.

Good luck. It took me 3 months to chose mine. :laugh:

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I am a big, big believer in Canons now after having bought their SD 630 a few months back.

It blows away every other camera I have owned by a long shot. The entire camera back is the screen. It takes great movies and in Auto mode the camera can handle just about anything.

I am a Canon fan now for certain...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I buy exclusively Canon Products, and have used them for about 25-30 years. It is unlikely you can go wrong with their products. Although I have a few others for larger medium format cameras, like Mamiya. I have pretty much converted to my Digitals for ease of processing.

Both the links mentioned by Rock and MGP are ones I have used and recommended for several years for quality reviews.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
if you have the time, consumers digest or something like that publishes tons of electronics reviews, and they are all available at the library... might wanna check them out...

but canons are always nice...

and if you wanna check for amazing deals, and i mean amazong, check out a site called fatwallet.com... it is a frugal persons paradise, they have all the best price mistakes, and great deals... it is another forum type thing, and thousands of people go there everyday...

you can always gauge how "hot" the deal is by the number of people replying and actually buying the item.. there are sooo many people that only buy tvs, and all electronics thru deals on that site, that sometimes e-stores will run out of stock in minutes...

i used to be a very frequent poster, and was part of a huge cult on there... i had 10,000+ posts... but i havent been going there recently, because it just sucked money out of my wallet, with all the great deals on there...

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I just bought a Canon Elph SD900. It's extremely solid and takes wonderful pictures. I had a Leica lens Panasonic before, and it was very good as well. A friend has a Minolta, and loves it.

I have the SD800 and love it.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I am a Cannon fan, but I was able to score a Fuji Fine Pix A330 with some credit card rewards points a few years ago and have loved it. All my digital pics in the gallery were taken with the Fuji including all of the PGA Show Pics. Great pics from a really simple camera. The only upgrade I did to the camera was buy a larger memory card so that I could store more pics before downloading.

Here a few sample pics:

PPNP2FullLength.JPG

FG-177-Iron.JPG

GolfApr07136.JPG

PGAShow2007001.jpg

ualtimbag.JPG

PGAShow2007105.jpg

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
wow, bri looks different in that pic... her smile creeps me out there... the more i look at it, the more resemblance i see to a witch... but id still hit it... :)

as for the pics, they look nice tim...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I have an older elph circa 2001. The metal case is awesome. Those things are tanks

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I bought my wife a Canon Digital Rebel (10 Mega pixel) camera for xmas and she couldnt be happier. That sounds like it may be more camera than what you are looking for, but Canon does ONE thing REALLY REALLY well and thats cameras. Go for a Canon and you will not be disappointed, and there are plenty out there to find just what you are looking for.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
i used to be a very frequent poster, and was part of a huge cult on there... i had 10,000+ posts... but i havent been going there recently, because it just sucked money out of my wallet, with all the great deals on there...

FKA19 must not have been over there...:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online