• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

discountgolfsupply legit store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
hello all! this is my first post and im looking for some assistance! im looking to purchase some new wedges and came across this website: discountgolfsupply

Does anyone have any experience with them? just wanted to be sure that they are a legit store before i purchase.

last thing i want are some pieces of metal ish! thanks!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Re: www.thediscountgolfsupply.com legit store?

Die scum bag spammer!:killersmiley:

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009

now how exactly am i a scumbag spammer? i turn to this forum for advice and this is what i get.

geez

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005

might be quick on the trigger there Wi? djkojione, around here you kinda gotta introduce yourself and let us get to know you a bit, we ain't no quick answer type forum and spammers get no where. so if your legit and want some help introduce yourself first. we are nice once we get to know you and viceversa.
but if your spammer rot in hell.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

First post is a link? Spam forsure.

We have sponsors that pay to have their wares showcases on the site. Hence the necessity to nuke anything that even resembles spam. I think this is understandable from our standpoint, no?

I'm removing the links. When you don't come back after i remove it, I'll then remove you. Them's the rules.

If you care to stick around without posting links, so be it.

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Now that your link is gone, my suggestion would be used. Unless you are just filthy rich and have money to burn. And if that is the case, I still suggest used, and send me the money you'd have spent on the new clubs, :D

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Not often I will say anything negative about another company...but Discount Golf is one of the two who gives the industry a bad name....

I dealt with them years ago before I started my business and they screwed me...sales rep was a arse.....dealt with them a year or so later...same results.

I have never heard anyone who had a pleasant experience with them.

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
wow. this must be one of those forums that doesnt like new people looking for advice. you people are tough.

so i take it ill really never get my answer here unless i have 1,000 posts, go to some meets, have something else other than looking for store advice and maybe in a few months i can post a link.

:)

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
Not often I will say anything negative about another company...but Discount Golf is one of the two who gives the industry a bad name....

I dealt with them years ago before I started my business and they screwed me...sales rep was a arse.....dealt with them a year or so later...same results.

I have never heard anyone who had a pleasant experience with them.
wow, thats not good. what the other place so i know to look out for it? i wonder if this place is working on its customer service. the guy i talked to over email seemed to be very professional.

i dont mind if its not the greatest customer service, as long as the product is real and not fake.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If you are really looking for advice on a online store, the ones in the sponsor link here on Shot talk are very reputable.

TGW is another I've delt with and trust. RockBottomgolf is good also.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
wow. this must be one of those forums that doesnt like new people looking for advice. you people are tough.

so i take it ill really never get my answer here unless i have 1,000 posts, go to some meets, have something else other than looking for store advice and maybe in a few months i can post a link.

LOL...I GAVE you an answer!

I believe I still have credit with them going back many years which I figure they'll never honor....a very, very deceitful company.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006

Well, it's been outlined but I guess you didn't read it. We get a lot of spam here. You put a link in your first post, and make the post sound like 80% of the spam we get, and we will assume it is spam.

You have two suggestions already. 1. Buy used clubs, and you can save a little money or get something higher-end than you would get new for the same money. and 2. The site you linked to is junk, based on two experiences from a respected member and forum sponsor.

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
hmmmm. they have a 3 wedge titleist set for $170. thats a pretty awesome price. ill deal with bad service for that.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
hmmmm. they have a 3 wedge titleist set for $170. thats a pretty awesome price. ill deal with bad service for that.

The thing is, I never GOT what I ordered....didn't get refunded either....told to shut up and accept credit at their convenience...

Another company you need to watch out for is BHM.....promise the world....deliver nothing (imo).

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006

I guarantee you could get good service on a forum BST and get a better deal for almost new wedges. Or try a component wedge and be out $30 per wedge for the same quality.

Still smells like spam to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts