• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

discountgolfsupply legit store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
That, and those are probably fake clubs. $170 for 3 wedges?

Where on earth do they sell "wedge packages" other than the Tom Watsom wedges and the like?

Titleist doesn't sell them like that, and at no less than $90 a pop, that doesn't add up. Sounds fake to me, and this sounds like spam.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
hmmmm. they have a 3 wedge titleist set for $170. thats a pretty awesome price. ill deal with bad service for that.

Go right ahead. It's your choice.

But after links in your first post in both the body and title to a competing golf supply chain that you've been told is utter dog shit, and you still contend that you're getting your money's worth, don't you think we should be weary?

If you had read through the forum for a bit before posting, you'd see several examples of spam corrected.

Oh wait, no you wouldn't, because we clean up all the garbage to keep the place tidy.

If you want to carry on about Dan's Discount Golf Emporium or whatever it's called, so be it. But you'll get binned faster than Ben Johnson on steriods.

R35

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
i do appreciate indacup's experience tale, it does give me an idea of the store. It did sound really fishy to me too, and thats why i was coming to this forum for advice. i had no idea that looking for advice would be that hard and i would get so flamed for asking for what i thought was honest advice.

i apologize for not searching through the threads first and trying to understand how you get spammed and how i should word my first post, thats my fault.

rather than work on my posts, try and be friends with people who already think im a spammer and already dig myself out of this hole that i created in an hour, please ban me. this is obviously not the place for first time forum members.

OP
D

djkojione

Jun 15, 2009
besides, the first thing i did was use the "search" function, and found nothing. so i thought it would be a benefit for the other forum members if something was posted so another member wouldnt potentially get burned.

again, my bad.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Le sigh... This forum is a great place for new members. Your questions will be answered promptly, though probably with lots of good natured ribbing. If you word your post like spam (with extra emphasis on including links to poor choices for buying golf equipment...) you will be treated as such. You maintain that your post/posts are not spam, so stick around and enter into some golf discussions. You will not be treated as a spammer if you don't post spam, simple as that.

Really, you are welcome to participate in the forum. But I assume you will not be back. :(

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
hmmmm. they have a 3 wedge titleist set for $170. thats a pretty awesome price. ill deal with bad service for that.

Definite spammer pushing their site.

Still smells like spam to me.

Yep.

besides, the first thing i did was use the "search" function, and found nothing. so i thought it would be a benefit for the other forum members if something was posted so another member wouldnt potentially get burned.

again, my bad.

That's a ridiculous post.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005

$170 from a co with a bad rep isn't that great. You can e-bay wedges for $60 or so all day long, and for just a bit more Global can fix you up.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
:biglol:

I guess he won't be spamming around here anymore. You guys are pitbulls.

You'd think by now, they would invent a new gimmick. That registering just to ask or inform someone about another site, link included is pretty old.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
:biglol:

I guess he won't be spamming around here anymore. You guys are pitbulls.

You'd think by now, they would invent a new gimmick. That registering just to ask or inform someone about another site, link included is pretty old.

Which is why I have no time or patience for it.

If a newbie with good intentions comes by and gets flak for it, I could care less. It's not like we were born yesterday.

If they don't like it, they can eat it.

R35

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
You gotta' admit he's a persistent little fack. Two guys tell him the company is crap and he continues with what a great deal they are.

Most spammers are one and done. Like he's the first guy to ever use the "ever heard/used/bought" ploy on a message board.

I gotta go now. I'm going to drop a couple of hundred at the site he linked. Not!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Well, I've waited long enough. After almost 5 years and 2k+ posts, I can FINALLY tell you guys about this new site I just found...

:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, I've waited long enough. After almost 5 years and 2k+ posts, I can FINALLY tell you guys about this new site I just found...

Now that is a crafty spammer, waiting for just the right moment to pounce, :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

2K or not, I'll bin your ass too.

EVERYTHING MUST GO! :killersmiley: :D

R35

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
You guys......cheers for kicking off my day with a laugh.

The site does look ok to me though - they have FT9s at just $40 a throw but the headcovers are $425 each and $575 for the genuine ones and are compulsory as is a lobotomy if you wish to buy from them more than once.

THESpamiliciousGolfSupply

Jul 14, 2009
Hi this is Zack from SpamWorld.

I wanted to just say that , first off we have not been open for "several years" as one person mentioned.

Also...nobody on here has actually purchased an item so speculating is silly. I am sure I have a customer in your area that can verify their items.

We have photos of everything except custom built or custom combos including extended shafts of course because those are made to order

all in all I ask that this post be removed, or check out our site and let me know what you need.

COUPON CODE: SPAMMERS

That will save you 5% from our already awesome deals

:prop:

Actually, Zack, we'll leave this one up as an example of spam. Thanks! Oh, I had to make a slight change to your screen name...hope you don't mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts