• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discoveries from Working as a Bag/Cart guy

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
For the past year I have been working in the Bag Room of Old Hickory Golf Club in St. Louis. Super nice course, designed by P.B. Dye. Anyway, after cleaning 1000's of bags by now, I have picked up on what is the most popular equipment.

Drivers - I think the pro shop has a good deal with Cleveland, as cleveland is VERY popular. I clean so many hibore xls drivers it's crazy. Burners are popular, Many people play that Nicklaus Duel Point driver too.

Woods - again, TONS of hibores and launchers. Cleveland dominates the woods at the club for sure.

Irons - I clean probably 5-10 sets of cleveland cg4's a day. Cg golds are also popular. TONS of people play those genex irons, are those anything special? Another extremely popular set are the big fat king kobra ones. They look nice, and judging by the amount of them I see they must be decent. I see a lot of those callaway fusion irons too, the fat ones.

Hybrids - Obviously lot's of taylormade, but also TONS of nickent hybrids.

I think I'm going to make a little list next time and see for sure what the most popular clubs are...I'm probably forgetting some as I'm making this thread, that I'll later realize how many I do see.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Try and get a breakdown of handicaps and ages of the owners. That would sway your choices considerably in one direction vs another.

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Try and get a breakdown of handicaps and ages of the owners. That would sway your choices considerably in one direction vs another.

R35
You would think I was a much better golfer by looking at my equipment. :laugh:

Then again, if I Nakashima Irons and wedges, I would assume you were a pretty good golfer for owning Irons I have never heard of before. Most of the people out here have never heard of Tour Edge. They don't know what their missing.

edit 1 - Then again, My TEE's are covered with either Crown Royal head covers or the Jayhawk on my driver. My Mizunos have iron covers, so the only clubs you see are my putter and wedges. The Ping Wedges would fit right in with what most up here carry for irons. So they probably have a good idea as to the type of golfer I am even if they hadn't heard of TEE's

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah that makes a huge difference. I'm not doing this because I want new clubs...I know exactly what I'd get if I got new clubs, I just find it interesting. I'd like to know what other people who work at golf courses find as well.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
When I was working as a cart attendant in high school I saw numerous clubs that I would love to be able to afford. At that time it was amazing to see the scorecards come back from those "players". $1,000 sets of irons and many couldn't break 100. I felt so much better with my Ping Eye 2 hand me downs and consistent 80-90s in high school. I used to see Burner after Burner along with the 975 Titleist drivers. Those were big when I was in high school and saw those all the time.

🔥 Latest posts